Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

NEW: Seat selection For bookings made elsewhere than on aircanada.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: Seat selection For bookings made elsewhere than on aircanada.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
That's OK. It's being done by the folks working on the Million Miler project.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I've been able to do this with a few reservations done outside of AC.com
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold/LX SEN/AC
Smile

How? The above message is the only one I get....
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
More valuable would be providing the PNR references for all flights on other STAR airlines in our bookings on the AC and AE res engines.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:25 pm

2 bookings for YYZ-SFO in late July, both via non-AC agents

Amex service - YES to choosing seat

Expedia for TD - cannot choose seat online (same error message for the last 2~3 weeks)
Ooops. This booking appears to have been completed elsewhere than on aircanada.com (with either a travel agent or on another website).

It may not be possible for you to make changes to this booking or display your complete booking information. Please contact your travel agent to make any changes, or call Air Canada Reservations for assistance if you have already commenced travel.

New - Seat Selection: We're working on a new feature to allow customers who completed a booking elsewhere than on aircanada.com to select seats. Get more information and see if it's available. (15020)
Let's hope I can sit together with my wife come 24 hours before departure
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:31 pm

Programs: Delta AmEx Gold, United MileagePlus Explorer, Former Delta Silver Medallion & United Premier Silver
Still getting the Oops message for Vayama bookings. I really want an aisle seat. Is there any logic to this? It's silly. If we can log in at all, we should be able to request a seat.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Let's hope I can sit together with my wife come 24 hours before departure
Just call AC. If the wait time is too long, hang up and try again later. Ignoring any time waiting for an agent, the 3 minutes it will take to select your seats by phone will be worth it.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by gateguard0
Just call AC. If the wait time is too long, hang up and try again later. Ignoring any time waiting for an agent, the 3 minutes it will take to select your seats by phone will be worth it.
Thanks, just did that

Called AC, waited 20 minutes on hold, then spent 5 minutes picking her seat (mine's already picked online)

Unlikely to change at web check-in either
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:57 pm

award ticket (all segs AC operated) booked through united.com -- ooops
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by tstt
award ticket (all segs AC operated) booked through united.com -- ooops
Even reward ticket booked via Aeroplan.com is also "ooops".
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
AC Just Being Careful for Security Reasons?

My speculation is that AC is being careful in terms of security.

PNRs (or "files") typically have a field which indicate the Office ID/GDS(or carrier if booking originated from another airline)/IATA Number that created the booking.

Some airlines may use an Office ID for their website that is different from that of their call centers.

By default, most airlines (not AC) allow PNRs to be modified to a certain extent (eg. seat assignments, meals, secure flight/passport data) by the Office ID that the website uses.

However, it seems that AC by default has disallowed this for seat assignments (since you can do this for APIS).

My guess is that only new non-ac.com bookings will allow for seat assignments on ac.com once this feature is available.

(older PNRs may have to have their security settings modified individually before this could happen?)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: Delta AmEx Gold, United MileagePlus Explorer, Former Delta Silver Medallion & United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by daniellam
My speculation is that AC is being careful in terms of security.

PNRs (or "files") typically have a field which indicate the Office ID/GDS(or carrier if booking originated from another airline)/IATA Number that created the booking.

Some airlines may use an Office ID for their website that is different from that of their call centers.

By default, most airlines (not AC) allow PNRs to be modified to a certain extent (eg. seat assignments, meals, secure flight/passport data) by the Office ID that the website uses.

However, it seems that AC by default has disallowed this for seat assignments (since you can do this for APIS).

My guess is that only new non-ac.com bookings will allow for seat assignments on ac.com once this feature is available.

(older PNRs may have to have their security settings modified individually before this could happen?)
They could at least clarify that it won't work for current bookings online.

Am I entitled to a free seat choice on a US-Canada flight connecting to Canada-International? I just want to get aisle seats on the whole thing if possible and will call if they will let me.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:45 pm

So this still isn't possible?

On a side note, anyone taken the SCL-YYZ flight before? Thoughts?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
But even tickets booked with aircanadavacations, you cannot select seats on ac.com.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite (Star Alliance Gold), Starwood Elite Platinum, Marriott Silver
Could it be that they are running the program that consolidates all these bookings to allow for seat selection in batches?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.