Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

NEW: Seat selection For bookings made elsewhere than on aircanada.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: Seat selection For bookings made elsewhere than on aircanada.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Has anyone had any luck purchasing additional Air Canada services through this tool?

I have an Air Canada 014 ticket purchased through a travel agent in Premium Economy. I was able to select seats through this site. However, it also offers an option for "Enhance My Travel: Travel Options." Whenever I click that, I get a page that says:

I'm on a multi-city itinerary (and the return is booked in business, with a BA segment), but this message really doesn't make sense.

I'd like to purchase a MLL pass, as I have a three hour layover in FRA, and understand this should cost $25. But the site is garbage. Suggestions?
Call AC.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Has anyone successfully used this website recently?

I am on a United ticketed itinerary where the final segment is AC operated and everything appears to work just fine and then after clicking "Confirm Seat Selection" it freezes on a page that looks like the Air Canada website circa 2006 and after about two minutes it times out to a proxy server error.

I have previously used it successfully on the same route.

Last edited by Error 601; Mar 26, 2018 at 9:26 pm
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
This finally worked, different nonsense error messages this time but the seat selection seems to have stuck.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked a LH codeshare operated by AC YYZ-LHR (AC848) in Q. I called AC to get my AC PNR (still can't pull up res using any of the tricks here) and also select seats - spoke to two agents and they would only put me in rows 32 or higher, but rows 18-23 are wide open on ExpertFlyer. Is there something special about those rows further forward? Seatguru says they're standard economy seats.

I prefer to be in the smaller, quieter economy cabin in front of row 23 to try to get some sleep on a short overnight flight. Will I be able to try for something better at check-in?
Old May 17, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Doppy
Booked a LH codeshare operated by AC YYZ-LHR (AC848) in Q. I called AC to get my AC PNR (still can't pull up res using any of the tricks here) and also select seats - spoke to two agents and they would only put me in rows 32 or higher, but rows 18-23 are wide open on ExpertFlyer. Is there something special about those rows further forward? Seatguru says they're standard economy seats.
Seatguru is often drunk. Without looking up the equipment, the front of economy is preferred economy. 2" more. And requires the right class, extra cash (or status) to get.

What LH Q maps to for AC is anyone's guess.
Doppy likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
On wide bodies, the front seats have generally been "priority" seats. Free for Latitude and status, but unavailable to others until checkin.

No extra legroom.
Doppy likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:06 pm

For some reason the Select Seats option wasn't even showing up on this site for a recent booking I had made through another FFP.

Dreaded calling in to select seats; wow, was off the phone in less than 5 minutes after dialing!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Hrmm... something is up with preferred seating and the seat selection tool... it wants to charge me for preferred seats on the 7M8 even though my Super Elite status shows up on the booking...
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
seat selection on United ticketed award travel

I booked an award ticket for a relative through United Mileage Plus. The first and legs are to/from ORD on UA. The middle two segments are ORD-YVR and back on a CR9. The United site gave me an AC locator code, which I used on the seat selection tool.

When the flight information appeared, the times and flights were correct, and format looked like the old AC web site from the early 2000s. I was unable to select any seats, but the "Fare Type" column showed "Premium Economy (flexible)" for the two AC flight segments. My United mileage plus # was also listed on the file, and my Star Alliance Gold status was noted.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of transfer of *G status to an award ticket on AC booked through United? Will that result in preferred seating (if available) on the day of travel? Or is this just some IT mirage/snafu?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:41 am

Help please. I'm looking at a (not preferred) UA BCN-IND, which is on AC metal. Seat selection is incredibly important to us and we'll likely want to purchase additional legroom or some type of similar upgrade. In going through the booking process the UA site just tells us, "Advance seat assignments are not available on united.com for this flight. Please see an airport agent during check-in to receive your seat assignment."

Our issue is 24 hrs prior to departure we will be on a cruise ship with no cell service and thus won't be able to do 24 hr advance check-in. Is this our only option? If so there's no way we will choose this (or any other AC) flight. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by GuardMusic
Help please. I'm looking at a (not preferred) UA BCN-IND, which is on AC metal. Seat selection is incredibly important to us and we'll likely want to purchase additional legroom or some type of similar upgrade. In going through the booking process the UA site just tells us, "Advance seat assignments are not available on united.com for this flight. Please see an airport agent during check-in to receive your seat assignment."

Our issue is 24 hrs prior to departure we will be on a cruise ship with no cell service and thus won't be able to do 24 hr advance check-in. Is this our only option? If so there's no way we will choose this (or any other AC) flight. Thanks in advance.
Did you do the first step yet? That is, call UA (assuming, based on what you wrote, that you are on a UA ticket) and have them give you the AC locator?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Did you do the first step yet? That is, call UA (assuming, based on what you wrote, that you are on a UA ticket) and have them give you the AC locator?
Feel free to roll your eyes? Nope - no call to UA. I didn't complete the purchase process, as I needed an answer to this seat selection question first. What is an AC locator and what would I do with it? (Can you tell I've never flown AC?)
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by GuardMusic
Feel free to roll your eyes? Nope - no call to UA. I didn't complete the purchase process, as I needed an answer to this seat selection question first. What is an AC locator and what would I do with it? (Can you tell I've never flown AC?)
The tool/link given as the main topic of this thread allows one to select seats (the thing you want to do) for a booking made elsewhere other than the Air Canada website, which sounds like fits your situation.

In order to use said tool/link, you need the Air Canada booking reference/locator (because there is at least one Air Canada operated flight in your itinerary).

In order to get the associated Air Canada locator/reference number, you have to get it from the airline (or travel agent - but if you used a travel agent, they should be able to do all of this for you anyway) that you booked with, in this case it is UA. The AC locator/reference is a 6-digit alphanumeric, for example, like "K6H45M". You tell UA your UA locator or ticket number and they should be able to give you the corresponding AC locator/reference.

Once you get the Air Canada locator, you can then enter it into the tool/link associated with this very thread ( http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...flinepnrs.html ) to theoretically select your seats. I say "theoretically" because people have run into intermittent odd bugs and snags with the tool.
GuardMusic likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Could use some help from you experts.

Booked on 014 ticket stock, 1st leg is AC, other legs are EW/LH. Hate the seat selected for me for the LH flight from MUC-YVR (IFE experience kinda sucks in bulkhead seats) and cannot figure out where to change it. Used the link in here and see this:

I have the LH locator, go to LH and see this:

My corporate travel agent is utterly useless and says they cannot change the seat.

Who do I contact, AC or LH? Is there a way to avoid spending my morning in HUCA status? Is there an online tool I'm missing?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Who do I contact, AC or LH?
To change an LH seat, call LH.
To change an AC seat, call AC.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.