Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

NEW: Seat selection For bookings made elsewhere than on aircanada.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: Seat selection For bookings made elsewhere than on aircanada.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: CX-Gold, WS-Gold, AC-E35K, NEXUS, ABTC, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, HH-Gold, MR-Silver
UPDATE: I tried on a different computer today and still have the exact same problem. Frustrating.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by veechee
UPDATE: I tried on a different computer today and still have the exact same problem. Frustrating.
See. Post. #297.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: CX-Gold, WS-Gold, AC-E35K, NEXUS, ABTC, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, HH-Gold, MR-Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
See. Post. #297.
OK. I almost never post anything on Twitter, but I posted two tweets about this just now, including a screen shot of the problem. Will see what happens in the morning...
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK. I almost never post anything on Twitter, but I posted two tweets about this just now, including a screen shot of the problem. Will see what happens in the morning...
In order for this to work, @AirCanada will have to "follow" you. If they haven't already suggested it, just ask them in a regular tweet. Once confirmed, you can then private DM (Direct Message) them with PNR and seat request. They will respond within minutes (by DM) and you will never have to, or want to, call AC again.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Or Facebook msg them. Will take longer than 5 minutes, but usually within a day, even on weekends.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
In order for this to work, @AirCanada will have to "follow" you. If they haven't already suggested it, just ask them in a regular tweet. Once confirmed, you can then private DM (Direct Message) them with PNR and seat request. They will respond within minutes (by DM) and you will never have to, or want to, call AC again.
I posted two tweets about the issue and @AirCanada acknowledged my tweet and said it was being passed onto the "webteam". But it is now two days later and the issue is NOT fixed. @AirCanada did not follow me so I cannot private message.

Still frustrated. I really don't want to have to call.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:08 pm

So I called into reservations today and had them change my seats on my two domestic segments. I called early and the wait time wasn't very long.

However, just to make sure everything was done correctly, this afternoon I logged in to the Manage My Bookings website to see what my seats show as. Low and behold, my Y+ seat selections on my TPAC segments have been wiped out! I assume the agent that changed my domestic seats wiped these out!

Thankfully, the online tool does allow me to select those seats, so I was able to re-select the same seats on those segments.

This is so annoying! Other airlines have systems where you can manage your booking regardless of where you made it on a single website. When I make a reservation with my TA with CX, it shows up on the CX site for me even before I have paid for the ticket. Surely Air Canada can do things better than the status quo: different systems for booking different ways, broken tools, agents making one change and inadvertently undoing another at the same time, etc.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
I posted two tweets about the issue and @AirCanada acknowledged my tweet and said it was being passed onto the "webteam". But it is now two days later and the issue is NOT fixed. @AirCanada did not follow me so I cannot private message.

Still frustrated. I really don't want to have to call.
I encountered the same issues with seat selection and decided to call in.
Within 5 minutes I had my preferred seats for all my tpac flights within the next 3 weeks ^
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:28 pm

As suggested by many of you, I contacted AC on Twitter requesting paying up for preferred seats. I got their response saying my flight was booked thru UA so no preferred seats buy-up. I then direct messaged AC again asking for regular seats (2 specific aisle seats). Within 5 mins the seats were assigned.

I am now hoping I can still buy preferred seats at OLCI.

I was unable to choose seat on the "secret" AC booking management site using AC's PNR. I guess the site is only for flights booked through TAs.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by naoh853
As suggested by many of you, I contacted AC on Twitter requesting paying up for preferred seats. I got their response saying my flight was booked thru UA so no preferred seats buy-up.
Weird. I had no problem buying preferred seats on a Mileageplus booking by phoning in.
Old May 12, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
I phoned the regular customer service number a few hours ago and surprisingly only had a 2 minute(!) wait time with a friendly CS rep. I was able to select seats for my flights in July (S,S,V) fare classes. Another surprise - my special meal request was already noted from my preferences forwarded by Expedia. However, Expedia only states they forward the info and confirmation needs to be done with Air Canada.

After listing my PNR, I was able to get the Record Locator number to log into the website http://services.aircanada.com/Servic...Ancillary/ACO/ Expedia only gave me the Record Locator for Lufthansa which is confusing because it's also a 6 digit alphanumeric code. However, website only lists seat assignment for 2 out of 3 flights and only lists my meal preference as regular.

So...I'm hoping everything goes smoothly in July.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:18 am
GRM

Originally Posted by arf04
Weird. I had no problem buying preferred seats on a Mileageplus booking by phoning in.
Sigh, I have 4 seats booked on YYZ-LHR via a UA award. Happy to pay for preferred seats but three calls to three different AC numbers all resulted in "not possible".
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Thank god for this thread! I didn't even know this was a thing. Booked through Amex, was able to change my transatlantic flight to get my window seats. All is well.

now... how do I do the same for my LX segments...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Thank god for this thread! I didn't even know this was a thing. Booked through Amex, was able to change my transatlantic flight to get my window seats. All is well.
now... how do I do the same for my LX segments...
LX.com but you will need your LX locator which is different from the AC locator.
If you don't have it, just call LX and ask them for it. They answer a lot faster than AC.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:19 am

Just a question. Judging by this thread you still cannot book your seats (and pay up for a preferred seat) if you book your flights elsewhere? is this still correct? I encountered this issue last time I flew AC in 2013, I had to call in to get select seats and get a preferred seat. I was hoping this had been resolved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.