Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

e-upgrade help reservation with multiple passengers but limited credits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-upgrade help reservation with multiple passengers but limited credits

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Question e-upgrade help reservation with multiple passengers but limited credits

I have an upcoming reservation yvr to nrt with 4 passengers. However, I only have enough e-upgrade credits to upgrade 2 of the passengers. Will I be able to select the 2 passengers from my reservation or are you only able to upgrade everyone on a reservation? Your advice is much appreciated.
Old May 21, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by alexb7:18618471
I have an upcoming reservation yvr to nrt with 4 passengers. However, I only have enough e-upgrade credits to upgrade 2 of the passengers. Will I be able to select the 2 passengers from my reservation or are you only able to upgrade everyone on a reservation? Your advice is much appreciated.
You have to call AC to split the PNRs.
I would split both of the ones that you trying to upgrade into seperate reservations so if only one seat opens up, you will not get passed over.
Old May 21, 2012, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Is there any other way without splitting the pnr? I booked it through Expedia with multiple airlines.
Old May 21, 2012, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by alexb7
Is there any other way without splitting the pnr? I booked it through Expedia with multiple airlines.
Nope. Sorry.
Old May 21, 2012, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

That's too bad. Does anyone know what the current price of a LMU is for yvr to nrt? Thanks.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Be a bit careful here.

You can only upgrade one passenger travelling with you on the same PNR. Anyone else will need to be one of your nominees. The advantage of splitting PNRs is so an upgrade has a chance to clear if only one seat is available.

I'm not sure that it's correct that the PNRs must be split to upgrade only part of the party, but it will certainly improve some odds.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by BlueMilk
I'm not sure that it's correct that the PNRs must be split to upgrade only part of the party, but it will certainly improve some odds.
When it comes to upgrades, whether using eUpgrade credits or LMU, it is an all-or-none situation. You cannot upgrade only 1 or 2 people on a multi-person PNR; the people to receive the upgrade must be split out from the rest of the reservation.

As you pointed out, the OP can only upgrade 1 person on the same PNR as the status member. Other people need to be nominees, so the PNR will need to be split anyways. Whether the OP will be able to split an Expedia PNR or not is another matter all together.
Old May 21, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by alexb7
If you bought from Expedia, I hope you checked that it mapped into an upgradable fare bucket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.