Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Aeroplan Star Challenge - How Much Incremental Spend Have They Got From You?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Aeroplan Star Challenge - How Much Incremental Spend Have They Got From You?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Zero.
With close to 300,000 miles on the account and an inability to use them on J class long haul routes, all these booster gimmicks are of no interest to me. All these extra miles add to up to what in any given year? 1000 points? 2000 points? And for that, mile chasers probably spend more money chasing the points than the points are actually worth.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Zero.
With close to 300,000 miles on the account and an inability to use them on J class long haul routes, all these booster gimmicks are of no interest to me. All these extra miles add to up to what in any given year? 1000 points? 2000 points? And for that, mile chasers probably spend more money chasing the points than the points are actually worth.
J? Your only 50K away from a mini-RTW for 2 in F. Even with the "enhancements" it's still a good deal and a great experience.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
TPAC, 16,500 miles for $105 worth of gas I would have bought anyways is a good deal.
Availability is bad, but keep searching. Get EF to monitor I availability for the flights you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.