YYZ - transfer from US to Domestic

Old May 21, 12, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
YYZ - transfer from US to Domestic

Sorry - I do know this question has been answered before but unable to find in search...

Can you transfer without going through security again - I only have carry-on if that makes a difference...
Old May 21, 12, 9:59 am
ucc

Originally Posted by Yukonprince View Post
Sorry - I do know this question has been answered before but unable to find in search...

Can you transfer without going through security again - I only have carry-on if that makes a difference...
I don't think so. You have to clear customs and immigration and then go out of security.
Old May 21, 12, 12:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
If you go from US to Canada and connect onwards to a Canadian domestic flight (at any airport in Canada, including YYZ), you will have to pass through security clearance (CATSA).
Old May 21, 12, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
Yes, you have to go through Canadian customs, and then you will end up near domestic arrivals.

You will have to go upstairs, near check in, and go through the regular security scan again. There is another security scan 1 level below the normal domestic security screening area in Terminal 1...Sometimes it's faster, and sometimes they have 1 or 2 lanes open and it takes forever....

I usually connect in toronto, and have no problems with going from plane, through customs, through security, and back to domestic departures in 45 mins. Had 75 mins last summer for a connection on a friday at 1pm....with checked bags, had time for a meal before my connection!
Old May 21, 12, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA
Clearing Canadian Customs requires picking up your (non-sterile) checked baggage (or, in your case, walking through that area), hence the requirement for re-screening.
Old May 22, 12, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Thank you everyone - much appreciated!

Search this Thread