Realistic scheduling?

Old May 20, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
The boarding times on the cards I figure are for first time flyers so you are at the gate in time. AC is usally late in boarding and I never understood why and then then the priority boarding formula is a gong show. Some people here call those who wait tee'ed up "Gate Lice" well one needs to do what one has to to enjoy the perks of the program and as one who does not carry all of their luggage on board, I want that overhead bin so my ONE properly sized bag can be placed with my jacket carefully folded ontop.

Many airlines shows the countdown to boarding on the large gate screens and perhaps AC should do this so everyone is on the same page and staff will know when to act! At times it appears that the whole plane are filled with first time flyers including some F/F as they are slow in thinking how to sit down, looking all over the plave for their seat number as these seat numbers are placed in different spots for each flight, and over head bins look confusing and there is no ryme or reason when placing something up there?
Old May 21, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
My sense: it's completely doable to maintain departure and arrival times.

It's just that AC's above and below wing operations have alot of room for improvement to get OTP better.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/story.do?id=1012 <-- AC at 66% in April, all American carriers 77% or higher.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by YYCOllie
My sense: it's completely doable to maintain departure and arrival times.

It's just that AC's above and below wing operations have alot of room for improvement to get OTP better.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/story.do?id=1012 <-- AC at 66% in April, all American carriers 77% or higher.
Amazing to compare AC to other *A Partners...

US US Airways - 89.98%
UA United - 80.12%
AC Air Canada - 66.73%
A3 Aegean Airlines - 93.52%
SK SAS - 90.78%
ANA - 88.91%
Old May 21, 2012, 12:03 pm

Gott love their screen - on time - 15 mins later - 30 mins later - 1 hr later - s has hit the ceiling (cancelled)
Old May 21, 2012, 1:25 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I think that pretty much describes Air Canada's entire business and operational plan - cross their fingers, close their eyes, and "hope" really, really, REALLY hard.

I wonder what the wish for on the airline's birthday.

Last edited by KenHamer; May 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Old May 21, 2012, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Same thing for YYC-YYZ - always 10 minutes or so late, never perfectly on-time or early.
My 2012 experience on this route:
March 27 AC 134 - on time
April 16 AC 134 - 12 minutes early
May 10 AC 134 - 15 minutes early

5 out of my 6 YYC-YYZ flights in 2011 were also on time.
Old May 21, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
I actually find AC to be ok with being on time. I haven't experienced many delays recently....Sure, there's the occasional delay for de-icing, or waiting for clearance, but I find them ok usually....That being said, I don't live in YVR or YHZ where fog can cause delays, or in YUL or YYZ where there is REAL traffic

I think for AC, it must be worth it to have a few delays, instead of having longer turnarounds. I can imagine delays cost the airline, but having all their planes spending even 10% more time on the ground on turnarounds, or blocking flight times longer, would cost them waaay more.

I know in YEG the DH3s for jazz have some tight turnarounds....land at, for example, 8.24am, depart at 9am. Even the Airbuses and ERJ's have 40mins sometimes...In more congested airports, like LGA, as soon as the last pax leave the plane, the wheelchairs are already being brought down to load on the first pax for the return.
Old May 21, 2012, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Last Westjet stats for Feb are 73.2% which is nothing to be proud of either.
Old May 21, 2012, 6:55 pm

*sigh*

Seems like they also do a lot of it to them selves...

I am on AC271, delayed by 1H20; waiting for pax from Televiv... why not put them on AC273.....

Seems sometimes that this airline trys its best to destroy its self....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.