priority of SE's

Old May 20, 2012, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
Call the SE Desk 5 different times with a remotely complicated or novel question and you'll get at least 3 different answers
Only three, isn't that progress?
Old May 20, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by Shareholder
That would be a very deceptive measure given that basing something on one's current balance discounts any possible redemptions made through the year. My yearly balance generally hovers around 200K at any given time but I also redeem several 100K+ awards each year so I could potentially show 500K+ in at times were it not for those redemptions. MM is a more accurate measure, though it too is crude.
If accrued mileage were used to create some sort of hierarchy, I imagine AC would consider status miles accrued and not redeemable miles (since someone who never pays for a ticket but churns dozens of credit cards could have millions of miles).
Old May 20, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
A friend of mine is a corporate travel agent and he once told me that there were SE and then there were SE! I guess he was saying there are many of you in the upper 1% that are known very well and have more influence in seating and upgrades! I guess that is life anyways, who you know and greasing palms i.e. revenue

I of course am in the 99% and when I hit SE, I will be honoured just to have the SE lettering on the borading pass and being in the same exclusive club as many of you.
Old May 21, 2012, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
A friend of mine is a corporate travel agent and he once told me that there were SE and then there were SE! I guess he was saying there are many of you in the upper 1% that are known very well and have more influence in seating and upgrades! I guess that is life anyways, who you know and greasing palms i.e. revenue

I of course am in the 99% and when I hit SE, I will be honoured just to have the SE lettering on the borading pass and being in the same exclusive club as many of you.
Wouldn't be too concerned about making SE the benefits are fake,

No R space at -7 and I've tried 5 Times to get priority business rewards and it's all been blocked out.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr

The secret handshake opens many more doors

I am also of the opinion that " who you know" makes a difference,even at SE. I am a "Higher revenue" type SE and would be all for recognizing those SEs who do the spend vs the "bottom feeders' who do the 4-5 TPACs for 5K or less to make SE.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by getaround
Wouldn't be too concerned about making SE the benefits are fake,

No R space at -7 and I've tried 5 Times to get priority business rewards and it's all been blocked out.
Aeroplan is getting more difficult to get redemptions on flights that are #1 choice.Being creative with dates helps,so does calling in and spending the cash for a booking fee.What I cannot find on-line, I tend to get my flight selection when i make the call.
Moving my points accumulation to RBC Avion where it is just plain easier to get the reward seats I need for my family to travel(also upgradeable with e-credits)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.