FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Mileage credit on LMUs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1345357-mileage-credit-lmus.html)

stirred May 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Mileage credit on LMUs

I took an LMU for BLR-FRA on LH metal, credited miles to Aeroplan. Was booked originally in Y.

Two questions:

a. How are mileage credits factored in the case of LMUs? Do I get J class mileage credits?

b. The strange thing is that my Aeroplan account shows no sign of this flight, although the latter leg of this journey (FRA-YYZ) is credited. This has not happened to me before. Could this be because of the airport LMU? What are my options? We are talking a fair chunk of status miles!

payam81 May 11, 2012 10:46 pm

What was your original LH fare class?

LH has a very limited LMU program that's only offered from certain stations. If it's anything like most of the other LMUs out there, it probably gives you mileage equivalent to your original fare class.

As far as missing miles, if after checking you know AP awards mileage to your fare class on LH, you can then submit a missing mileage request to get the credit.

Out of curiosity, how much was the buy up?

stirred May 12, 2012 7:42 am

Originally Posted by payam81 (Post 18559713)
What was your original LH fare class?

LH has a very limited LMU program that's only offered from certain stations. If it's anything like most of the other LMUs out there, it probably gives you mileage equivalent to your original fare class.

As far as missing miles, if after checking you know AP awards mileage to your fare class on LH, you can then submit a missing mileage request to get the credit.

Out of curiosity, how much was the buy up?

It was about $500, which I thought reasonable for a 9 hour journey. I guess I should chase Aeroplan for my missing 4500 miles. (Y class)

rumblefox May 12, 2012 8:02 am

I have the same issue with a TG LMU. Apparently the flight is credited in the original booking class which doesn't earn any miles.

payam81 May 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by stirred (Post 18560933)
It was about $500, which I thought reasonable for a 9 hour journey. I guess I should chase Aeroplan for my missing 4500 miles. (Y class)

That's a very good price, even if LH C is marginal at best.

shore9 May 12, 2012 2:22 pm

BA gives the mileage for the mileage for the class that you actually travel in. It sounds like most airlines don't have this policy however.

stirred May 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by payam81 (Post 18562334)
That's a very good price, even if LH C is marginal at best.

I concur. LH happens to be the only *A flight operating out of BLR unfortunately.