Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Germany-Canada: Z fares on sale for July/August 2012

Old May 9, 12, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP - 1K

Thought I'd share this.......

Discovered this last night while looking for flights on ac.com
Z fares available ex-Germany - I checked FRA and MUC - in July and August 2012 to Canada - YOW/YUL/YYZ/YYC/YVR
Got my LH Newsletter with that sale advertised today, think they had the same deal going on a few month back already.

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Busin...summer-special

All other US destinations served by LH in this offer also seem to be part of the lower AC Z-fare prices.

CAUTION: Did dummy booking on LH and seems to book into P class, this is what AP has to say about LH P class

"3 Effective for travel April 1, 2012, booking class P will no longer be eligible for accumulation. For travel until March 31, 2012, earn 50% on Intra-European Flights and 100% on Regular scheduled flights (excluding Intra-European Flights)"

Last edited by tnkngn; May 9, 12 at 11:28 am Reason: Update
Old May 9, 12, 11:57 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
I see some ~CAD$2,400 fares. I hope they appear for ex-Canada flights, too. I seem to recall last summer fares to Europe were in the 2-something k range.

A bit OT, I wonder about the P fares, too. I see them popping up on UA, LH. Anybody with actual experience to state what the mileage earning is? It seems like it'll be on 100% with no CoS. Wouldn't be surprising as UA Z doesn't earn CoS on int'l Z fares.
Old May 9, 12, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WhiteYUL View Post
Anybody with actual experience to state what the mileage earning is?
It states pretty clearly in the cut & paste I did from the AP website that it earns 0 miles, or am I misinterpreting something?
Old May 9, 12, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
I read it too, but got the impression it was only 100%. I guess I have a hard time to believe a business class fare would earn 0 (zero) miles (can you say TangoBiz? )

Wow. Upon re-reading it I can't say that you are incorrect. Well, that's LH for you. Now, if the LH P fare is operated by AC, then one would like to hope it maps to AC's Z...

However, when you read UA's details "1. Effective for travel as of January 1, 2012, earn 100% in booking classes P or N."
Old May 9, 12, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Also P can't be upgraded using UA SWU.
Old May 9, 12, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

I read it too, but got the impression it was only 100%. I guess I have a hard time to believe a business class fare would earn 0 (zero) miles
If you post it to AP, it is 0 miles, if you put it towards M&M, it will earn 100% acc. to the LH website. Full J earns 200% on LH credited towards M&M.

Wow. Upon re-reading it I can't say that you are incorrect. Well, that's LH for you. Now, if the LH P fare is operated by AC, then one would like to hope it maps to AC's Z...

However, when you read UA's details "1. Effective for travel as of January 1, 2012, earn 100% in booking classes P or N."
AC doesn't advertise this sale I think, but you can get the same fare booking through ac.com, I tried it, will map into Z class.
Old May 9, 12, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC 50K 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC

AC does advertise the sale, which ends on 05/22, on their Germany website, details can be found here: http://www.aircanada.com/de/en/offers/air/executive_first/executive_first.html
Old May 9, 12, 9:35 pm

It seems AC and LH are charging the same fare--so why buy from LH and wonder about miles--buy from AC and keep the miles
Old May 10, 12, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ac777 View Post
It seems AC and LH are charging the same fare--so why buy from LH and wonder about miles--buy from AC and keep the miles
Old May 19, 12, 11:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
AC has matched these somewhat discounted LH business class fares

See the link for the LH business class fares. AC has matched them:

http://www.lufthansa.com/ca/en/sleep-and-save
Old May 19, 12, 8:07 pm

Actually AC's fare was a few dollars CHEAPER than LH when I purchased one!! The latitude fare was waaay higher in price and required R Games.
Old May 20, 12, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by ac777 View Post
And remember that LH business class is nothing to write home about...
Old May 20, 12, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
See the link for the LH business class fares. AC has matched them:

http://www.lufthansa.com/ca/en/sleep-and-save
Um, we're supposed to get excited by $4400 fares YVR - FRA...
Old May 20, 12, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sp4294 View Post
Um, we're supposed to get excited by $4400 fares YVR - FRA...
Try FRA YVR.
Old May 20, 12, 9:11 am

Programs: AC 50K 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sp4294 View Post
And remember that LH business class is nothing to write home about...
Right, but they do sell the LH codeshare on AC metal at the same price which would have come in handy if AC decided not to offer the same fare themselves.

Search this Thread