Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Unable to reach Aeroplan Contact Centre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Unable to reach Aeroplan Contact Centre

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Unable to reach Aeroplan Contact Centre

Hello, few days ago I booked an Aeroplan award, however it appears as unticketed under my bookings. I have been trying to reach Aeroplan for past 3 days but everytime, I am greeted with message that they are unable to take my call. Travel date for that rewards is now just a week away.

Also Aeroplan allows free cancellation within 24 hours but because reward booking remained unticketed, there was no option to cancel within 24 hours either.

Is there a good time to reach Aeroplan ? I am based in Melbourne, Australia

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Celticfrost
Hello, few days ago I booked an Aeroplan award, however it appears as unticketed under my bookings. I have been trying to reach Aeroplan for past 3 days but everytime, I am greeted with message that they are unable to take my call. Travel date for that rewards is now just a week away.

Also Aeroplan allows free cancellation within 24 hours but because reward booking remained unticketed, there was no option to cancel within 24 hours either.

Is there a good time to reach Aeroplan ? I am based in Melbourne, Australia

Thanks

@Celticfrost

I can appreciate your stress and concern. This is likely the reason https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...madeus-68.html and sadly, based on many, many posts in the thread and this other thread Desperate to contact aeroplan to make a change. How? , you are not alone.

As you know, Aeroplan call centre hours are 07:00-24:00 ET. I believe you are +13 hours. There is no way to know when there is a good time to call when other things are not going on. You could keep trying, try calling as soon as it opens in the morning here.

Wish I could offer more.
Celticfrost likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:46 pm

I've been having the same issue, but always get through, and I have no status with AC or AP. I know this might be unconventional but I just keeping calling 10, 15, 20 times in a row until I finally get through, and doing it this way seems to be working for me.
Celticfrost likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: TK *G
I think the general rule is call centres are less busy in the morning, but the situation is extremely bad at AC right now.
Celticfrost likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for responding. I have tried back to back 27 times and no luck. I think I will try again around 7am Eastern time zone when they open.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:54 pm

Just got through after trying 40 times! Now the wait begins...
Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Just to add to more woes, seems like the unticketed booking has been canceled. I can't use the record locator anymore on Air Canada website. But Aeroplan have decided to keep hold of 80,000 miles and have not been returned to the account. It means I am unable to book that reward as I dont have enough miles in my account.

Also I have tried over 100 times to reach Aeroplan but still no joy so far. I even tried during the 7am-9am Eastern time zone.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:05 pm

I have been calling lat 3 days 3 to 5 times per day. This is crazy stupid customer service. Is it due to switch to Amadeus? Wonder when it will be back to normal.

I actually thought aeroplan customer service was pretty good for past 6 months.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:51 am

Aeroplan call centre woes... any other phone #?

I have been an Aeroplan member since the beginning of time> AC is the only major airline that flies from my city....I don't count West Jet. I am supposed to fly YFC to YYZ to MIA on Dec 3rd, but Toronto will be encased by ice in the next 24-48 hours hours. I wonder, why has the change to Amadeus affected the Aeroplan call centre service so negatively? They have taken away the ability to wait for the next agent, is that supposed to be an improvement? I will continue to try throughout the day, as I need to be in MIA no later than 11am on Dec 4th, as I am boarding a cruise ship, and only a short cruise...so not worth flying to the first port..
I am curious why they no longer allow you to wait on hold, as has always been the case until now. I note a few posts regarding calling Aeroplan contact numbers outside of North America...does anyone have non Canadian contact phone number Aeroplan that could assist in changing the booking to later today or tomorrow ? thank you in advance.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by burkesh
...AC is the only major airline that flies from my city....I don't count West Jet...
And this is where you lost me.

If you have an AC issue, state it without the hyperbole.

I'm literally on the verge of giving up on helping people on FT, and this is the second most annoying thing I see.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:12 am

I apologize for annoying you ....
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
MODS - Not sure in which of the MANY threads related to issues calling Aeroplan to post this. (I listed some of them here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32003762-post18.html ). Feel free to merge/move

He posts some interesting examples/experiences and other details such as

QUOTE:

"As the agent proceeded to book my flights, she conceded that management’s definitely aware of the problem. Though employees typically work eight-hour shifts, she said they’ve been offered two to three times overtime pay to stay longer or work weekends...."

Full article

https://thepointsguy.com/news/aeroplan-long-hold-times/

cancruiser likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Asiana
Originally Posted by 24left
MODS - Not sure in which of the MANY threads related to issues calling Aeroplan to post this. (I listed some of them here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32003762-post18.html ). Feel free to merge/move

He posts some interesting examples/experiences and other details such as

QUOTE:

"As the agent proceeded to book my flights, she conceded that management’s definitely aware of the problem. Though employees typically work eight-hour shifts, she said they’ve been offered two to three times overtime pay to stay longer or work weekends...."

Full article

https://thepointsguy.com/news/aeroplan-long-hold-times/

Thanks for posting this article..
Seeing the author waited 3 hrs and 41 mins before someone picked up his call, makes me feel better about hanging up after 1 hrs 6 mins and not wait any longer.
They certainly have lots of work to do to improve this!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.