Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Best 777-330ER business class seats for a couple?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Best 777-330ER business class seats for a couple?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Best 777-330ER business class seats for a couple?

A couple of friends are flying AC business class SFO-YYZ-FCO this April, with both flights on a 777-300ER. Are the middle seats the best for a couple? From perusing a few youtube videos, it seems that way. Even though the middle might not be ideal, it looks better than being across the aisle from each other or one in front of the other.

I believe this is may be the first or at most the second time they're flying international business class. Any further advice on the trip, rows to choose or avoid, lounges, transiting through YYZ (they're U.S. citizens), etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I saw an old thread on this topic from 2010, but am under the impression that the seats have been changed since then. Is that the case, or is that thread still valid?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you want to primarily talk or "see" each other, yes.

If you want to be constantly going over to the other person's seat, across the aisle or one behind the other is best.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
A couple of friends are flying AC business class SFO-YYZ-FCO this April, with both flights on a 777-300ER. Are the middle seats the best for a couple? From perusing a few youtube videos, it seems that way. Even though the middle might not be ideal, it looks better than being across the aisle from each other or one in front of the other.

I believe this is may be the first or at most the second time they're flying international business class. Any further advice on the trip, rows to choose or avoid, lounges, transiting through YYZ (they're U.S. citizens), etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I saw an old thread on this topic from 2010, but am under the impression that the seats have been changed since then. Is that the case, or is that thread still valid?
Keep in mind that the divider in the middle does not go down.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:33 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I prefer one behind the other on the window side. I find being in a different row very inconvenient-- but thats just me.

I assume they will be sleeping for much of YYZ-FCO so it may not be that important to be able to easily talk (I am sure other pax in the J cabin would appreciate the no talking during the night flight).

There is no right or wrong... it all depends on what your friends want.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
.....I saw an old thread on this topic from 2010, but am under the impression that the seats have been changed since then. Is that the case, or is that thread still valid?
@Thunderroad

There is this thread, where just looking at the wiki, there are threads and posts about seats for couples.

Seats and Cabins on the B788, B789, and the 777 (3 versions)

There are also a number of others asking about "Best Seats" for couples, singles, people who want to hold hands but there is a divider, tall people, those travelling with infants and children and so on, all more recent than 2010. FT search isn't always easy so I use a search engine.

.....Any further advice on the trip, rows to choose or avoid, lounges, transiting through YYZ (they're U.S. citizens), etc. would be much appreciated........
AC had a really helpful page for YYZ with maps and other transfer info.

https://www.aircanada.com/content/ai...l-airport.html

Screen shot of part of the page

Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks to all for the replies, but especially for this:

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Keep in mind that the divider in the middle does not go down.
I'd assumed that the divider could be lowered, as that's the case for most airlines' middle seats in long-haul business class these days. Oh well. This is very good to know.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I'd assumed that the divider could be lowered, as that's the case for most airlines' middle seats in long-haul business class these days. Oh well. This is very good to know.
The divider in AC's cabins was discussed in this thread as well as various other J seat threads.

Divider Between Business Class Seats D and G on AC 777s

IIRC, in a post on this forum, an AC Service Director had also provided an explanation as to why the AC ones are solid and can't be moved or lowered.

As for other airlines, AA has almost the same B/E Aerospace (Collins) Super Diamond pods and they've had many complaints of the lack of a divider and may be putting dividers in their new cabins. BA has dividers that slide open on their new J cabins. It seems that enough people want them and some airlines are changing, plus some are now adding pods with doors as well.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Wife and I usually take the two middle seats (D/F), same row. Yeah there's the divider, but you can still chat (quietly) without getting up or yelling across the aisle.
YYZ_tatlflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.