Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada advises of revised carry-on baggage allowances on North America flights

Air Canada advises of revised carry-on baggage allowances on North America flights

Old Oct 12, 01, 9:52 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Air Canada advises customers that in an effort to reduce airport security processing times and in compliance with new FAA regulations within the U.S., the airline is revising its carry-on baggage allowance on flights within North America.
Effective October 13, the passenger carry-on baggage allowance in all classes of service on all Air Canada flights within North American will be limited to one carry-on bag and one personal item (i.e. purse, briefcase, laptop, backpack etc.).

IMPORTANT REMINDERS TO CUSTOMERS:

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/011012/a_ai...edbagga_1.html

Old Oct 12, 01, 10:03 am

And if you connect from an international service...?
Old Oct 12, 01, 12:04 pm

From the Air Canada website:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">All electronic devices (i.e. laptop, CD player, and walkman) should be packed as carry-on baggage.</font>
From the Air Canada news release:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">- Minimize security-processing time by:
--- packing all electronic devices in checked bags and...</font>
So who's driving, anyway?
Old Oct 12, 01, 12:10 pm
exAC

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ken hAAmer:
So who's driving, anyway?</font>
The Politicians, The Security Services, The FAA, The MOT, The Media, The Airport Authorities, The RCMP, The FBI, The CIA, The Unions, The Passengers........

Another reason I was glad to leave the Airline Biz. Everyone had a hand in making regulations [many of them contradictory] and some days you never knew who was running the shop [generally wasn't me].

Search this Thread