Air Canada Tango Paintjob

Old Oct 10, 01, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Air Canada Tango Paintjob

From another forum, pictures of the new Air Canada Tango airplanes.
http://www.iamll2754.com/LCC/lcc.html

These are funny looking B737??

I thought that Air Canada was going to use the B737 as their LCC, but these are A320.
Old Oct 10, 01, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Gold, B6 Mosaic, HH Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG Gold Amb.
According to the National Post, Tango is going to be the leisure airline flying A-320 aircraft.
Old Oct 10, 01, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
FlyerAl is correct. [Did I say that!] At least according to The Financial Post, AC is using Tango trade mark for its tour and charter business. Thanks for the photos. Can anyone read the URL on the side of the rear fuselage? Doesn't look like "destina.ca" since I can definitely make out the ".com".
Old Oct 10, 01, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the tail painted a shade of purple?

Old Oct 10, 01, 11:45 am
Original Poster

I can't seem to keep up with all the new products that Air Canada is offering - LCC, Charter Carrier, Vacation, Carrier. . . .

The airplanes are going to be configured with 170 Y class seats!!

Yes the paint is purple as in Barney purple
Old Oct 10, 01, 11:50 am

170 seats??? Ouch! That's 29 rows. They only have 24 now (including the J cabin).

I hope these aircraft stay on the tour and charter routes. I'd refuse to fly on one.
Old Oct 10, 01, 12:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Can anyone read the URL on the side of the rear fuselage? Doesn't look like "destina.ca" since I can definitely make out the ".com".</font>
Looks like www.flytango.com and the website checks out. However, it is in preproduction mode - you need a username/password to get in.

Old Oct 10, 01, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by back seat:
The airplanes are going to be configured with 170 Y class seats!!
</font>
That's 4 seats (one row) fewer than 2T's A320s are configured for, and 8 more than JetBlue's. So Tango a/c will feature about 1" more pitch than 2T but 2" less than JetBlue.
Old Oct 10, 01, 12:19 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

That "Barney Bus" is one ugly plane!!

They are wasting too much money on these low cost stuff. One day they wanted to be C3K and fly to Sun destination with all Y config then the next day they wanted to start up a LCC to imitate WestJet. I think the days of a full service airline in Canada is numbered!
Old Oct 10, 01, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

By the way these a/c were old Canadian airlplanes and were scheduled to be re-painted out of the old Canadian colours. . if that makes anybody feel any better.

Empress, I agree the management at Air Canada doesn't know what it wants to be. Wonder if they have ever heard of a business plan!
Old Oct 10, 01, 12:34 pm

Actually Empress, we've started calling it the Purple People Eater.
Old Oct 10, 01, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Now A Fly Girl, you're showing our ages! These younger types wouldn't remember that Sheb Whooley hit from the early 60s. Thanks for deciphering the URL, Mac Attack.

As for the strategy of setting up Tango, just look at the Web Specials every week. Those Caribbean routes really cannot be sustained under the current fiscal realities, so it would not surprise me to see AC converting some of these scheduled "Sun Destinations" to Tango routes, with a much pared back scheduled service.

As for the seating, now you can see what the real economics of low fares means: All that extra space in J, plus that couple of extra inches in Y, makes it hard to break even on what people are apparently willing to pay.
Old Oct 10, 01, 12:49 pm

Purple Elvis' offspring?
Old Oct 10, 01, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
As for the seating, now you can see what the real economics of low fares means: All that extra space in J, plus that couple of extra inches in Y, makes it hard to break even on what people are apparently willing to pay.</font>
The ugly reality in a market where purchasing power is limited.
Old Oct 10, 01, 1:00 pm

Just for you Shareholder:

http://www.shebwooley.com/ppe.htm

Ken - Purple Elvis Offspring? I'm all shook up.

Search this Thread