Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A note to the person who has my noise cancelling headset

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Last week, I forgot my noise cancelling headset in the seat pocket of J class YWG-YVR. I noticed my mistake less than three minutes after deplaning. I was allowed back on .....and they were gone. !!!!!!

As my business card was inside the case, it was easy to contact me to return the headset......

To that person....... I say#%&(#@
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Something sounds wrong here.3 minutes and gone?
Reminds me of Y(possibly J too) pax coming through J cabin grabbing left over amenity packages that were left unopened.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Happy Reunion

Similar incident last week YVR/YYZ. Customer left $500.00 headsets in seat pocket at 1K. F/A located them, turned them over to me. I in turn ran them up to the Gate Agent who pulled up Customer PNR and contacted him on his cell phone. Unbelievably he was already on the road, but I ran them up to the ticket counter for pick up the next day. Sincerely hope your headsets find their way back - it does happen^
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
I had a very similar incident a few years ago after landing in YUL - I was also travelling in J on the YYZ-YUL-GVA flight. You deplaned in YUL, but then continued on to GVA on the same aircraft. I realized I had left my expensive headset in the pod seat pocket five minutes after deplaning. I was allowed back in, but they were already gone. Groomers had already been through my pod, and I assumed one of them "groomed" my headset away.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Sorry for your loss OP.

I almost left a Kobo on board last year but luckily only got 4-5 rows up and was able to quickly double back and retrieve it.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:38 am

sorry to hear airbus320. It's most likely that another deplaning pax took them, and that doesn't surprise me unfortunately.

I have left a cell phone in the pod of a 333 and laptop under the seat in front of me on a 763. Because both were 'hidden' in areas not easily visible, they were not stolen during deplaning. Thankfully LHR baggage services went up and grabbed my cell phone in person (very thankful to that individual), and YUL baggage services paged my name terminal-wide when the groomers found my laptop and determined it was mine.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: meh
Left my cell phone on the console between the J seats in a 321 a couple of summers ago. Made it all the way to the taxi when I realized it was missing. Immediately went back to the checkin counter in YEG and explained the situation. Five minutes later it was delivered to me landside by the gate agent.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Again airbus320 ??? You have bad luck with those headphones ! Knock on wood for myself - I haven't lost them yet but I did lose my ipod nano when it slid out of the back pocket of the Bose case...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Sorry to hear of your bad luck.

I've had NC headphones and even books go missing after I've just stepped off the plane and got back on (to check) after a few minutes.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I grabbed a guys left behind jacket off his seat....

...thinking I could catch up with him...mistake, I somehow lost him in the terminal.
So I walked back to the gate told the GA loading the turnaround, she contacted AC L&F.
So I assume eventually they got a hold of the guy.
Someone may have just been trying to help and it didn't go as planned.
Give it a day or two.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Left a pair of noise cancelling headphones in the seat pocket before too. Didn't realise for a few days. Emailed "lost & found" with the details. Two days later, noise cancelling headphones arrived in the mail.

They weren't actually mine, but so close that you'd need to know your Sennheiser models to tell the difference. Someone had clearly done a search of their lost & found inventory.

So, maybe an email will help locate them (or a similar set!).

Last edited by krayZpaving; Mar 20, 2012 at 9:24 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by acysb87
Reminds me of Y(possibly J too) pax coming through J cabin grabbing left over amenity packages that were left unopened.
I don't know why anyone would want an AC amenity kit to begin with... I never keep mine.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by acysb87
Something sounds wrong here.3 minutes and gone?
That explain why on my last CDG-YUL, FA was collecting the amenity kits from the empty J seats....
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by Santander
I don't know why anyone would want an AC amenity kit to begin with... I never keep mine.
Yea, and the new one is even worst.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Santander
I like the toothpaste. Good for packing in less than 100 ml bag. Otherwise, I use the eyeshade and socks durring the flight, and I leave the rest behind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.