Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC 155 : Anybody found our pilot?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by upgradesecret
You should check for the difference between CARS duty day as mandated by law and a Union contract duty day.
They should be different........... Collective Bargaining Duty Hours are working conditions set forth by the employer "in consultation/agreement" with the union, whereas the regulatory duty hours is the maximum/longest you can work without breaking the law....
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:54 pm

Pilot could be sick...
http://www.thestar.com/news/article/...l-in-sick?bn=1
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:52 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Just remember they get paid brakes off to brakes on. Would they really want to jeopardize their pay cheques by timing themselves out and wasting a day at work with less pay?

My understanding is their fleet is stretched thin and any breakdowns or operational issues will mean a scramble to re-schedule the planes and crew adjustments creating a domino effect on delays and cancellations.
I dunno.

Would people spend a day on a picket line and not get paid?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I dunno.

Would people spend a day on a picket line and not get paid?
As I understand, the union usually pays the employees a certain minimum from the local's trust account (collected from the union dues) to picket the line.......

But then again, there are so many factors at play that may influence an individual's decision (ie. politics, money, solidarity, perspective on issues)...... People think in different directions, so who knows, perhaps you are right, some may want to use a legitimate 'reasoning' to jeopardize operations.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
Postscript

Went back to the boarding area just after 19:30. A pilot arrived to cheers and applause - said he'd just flown from Vancouver and had been supposed to go to Winnepeg before he got moved to our flight.

No other word on the "lost" pilot. I was worried that the flight attendants were going to time out.

We boarded once again and were off the ground by 21:00.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.