Community
Wiki Posts
Search

prestige upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2001, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by After Burner:
Do you really have any idea of how comical you are? </font>
Yes, and quite frankly I like the way I am. I wouldn't want to become one of those arrogant pr**ks that think they're God's gift to the airline industry. &lt;shrug&gt;

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Which of your heroes will you turn on next? Mike Harris? George W.? Ronald Reagan? Rambo?</font>
I don't know where you got the impression that Fly Boy was my "hero". I never said that.

Mike Harris announced new secuirty measures and tax cuts yesterday. He's obviously doing a much better job at handling the current situation than our idiot Prime Minister. I support him 100%.

George W. has done a good job so far, though I wish he'd hurry up with the military action. I support him 100%.

Ronald Reagan was one of the US' best presidents! I have no reason to turn on my #1 political hero.

Rambo? You gotta be kidding!

[This message has been edited by FlyerAl (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old Oct 2, 2001, 9:55 am

Programs: AA, AC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerAl:
Yes, and quite frankly I like the way I am. I wouldn't want to become one of those arrogant pr**ks that think they're God's gift to the airline industry</font>
You've completely lost me. Who are you talking about? Are you referring to Milton?
Old Oct 2, 2001, 10:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by After Burner:
I am kinda joking. It's just funny that you two guys always seem to post concurrently. Somehow I envision you two joined at the hip. I guess you find being compared to FlyerAl quite insulting. My apologies - that was a pretty low blow.
</font>
No worries AB. It's just that I enjoyed meeting you, and it sorta hurts when someone you like gets upset with you when you don't know why. FlyerAl and I are by no means "joined at the hip". Even before his offensive remarks I only saw and spoke to him periodically. In fact, AC*SE is by far my closest friend on FT (aside from matintin)
Old Oct 2, 2001, 10:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Fly Boy:
(aside from matintin)</font>
Now there's a funny story there!
Old Oct 3, 2001, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC*S100K SPG Gold
Planetalker;

This topic digressed somewhat (I hope I'm not stating the obvious).

Did you have any luck during your trip? Any thoughts on my tact? (or my coupon offer, even though it is somewhat offside on this forum)?
Old Oct 3, 2001, 8:44 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerAl:
Give me a break. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe it's the "premium" customers who are the real burden on the airlines?

Every airline employee I know prefers dealing with the "micro-budget" flyers over the "premium" flyers because they tend to be less arrogant, less demanding, less self-righteous, and less likely to attempt to rip-off the airline.

</font>
Well I guess we'd better forget having lunch, Al, if you got to know me, I'd ruin your average. I adore working the Exec line. And I strongly disagree with your assessment that the "micro-budget" passengers are less demanding, you couldn't be more wrong.
Old Oct 3, 2001, 8:53 pm

I'm willing to make an exception for you, Secret Agent. Lunch is still on
Old Oct 4, 2001, 3:36 am
msn

I know from my own personal experiences sitting in F with my $200 "budget" ticket that the "premium" pax sitting next to me (I could always tell they're "premuim" by the boarding pass) is more likely to be unfriendly, demanding, grumpy, arrogant, rude, annoying, and complain complain complain!

---

Think about it.

</font>

Um, don't take this personally, but maybe they were grumpy and upset over where they were sitting - ?
Old Oct 4, 2001, 7:26 am

Smart ...
Old Oct 4, 2001, 11:20 pm

I agree with AB. I always pay full J, and am irritated when cheapskates get the upgrades, and expect the premium service. Contrary to the opinion here, it is the upgrade pax, IMHO, that are the demanding arrogant ones.

AC has a real dilema, they cannot afford premium sevice when they give it away. They have been forced to cheapen it to the point that it is no longer worth it.
Old Oct 4, 2001, 11:50 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> always pay full J, and am irritated when cheapskates get the upgrades, and expect the premium service. Contrary to the opinion here, it is the upgrade pax, IMHO, that are the demanding arrogant ones.</font>
I don't think it's fair to make that generalization. I've seen both paid J and upgrade passengers demand the world from the airlines. I've seen both types of J passengers order the FAs up and down the aisle asking for everything as if they chartered the plane. If you treat airline employees with respect (gate agent, FA...), they too will do the same no matter what fare you paid. Attitudes like yours aren't going to get you anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.