FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Changes to Honolulu Procedures (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/13251-changes-honolulu-procedures.html)

Q Shoe Guy Jul 5, 2006 8:02 am

Avoid Bumping Very Old Threads - link to this guideline
Unless there is a compelling reason, avoid bumping threads that are more than two years old. Often the information is out-dated and it clogs the forums, making it difficult to find current threads. :D ;) :p

The Lev Jul 5, 2006 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Avoid Bumping Very Old Threads - link to this guideline
Unless there is a compelling reason, avoid bumping threads that are more than two years old. Often the information is out-dated and it clogs the forums, making it difficult to find current threads. :D ;) :p

While you make a good point in this case (given that the procedure mentioned in HNL is no longer in force), I love our consistency:
- create a new thread and somebody is upset you didn't use an existing one
- use an existing one and other complian it is too old.

;) :p

Clipper801 Jul 5, 2006 8:09 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I wonder if Scoop is still posting/lurking here... ;)

Not sure but agreed that this is an extremely old thread. I had tagged along to see if someone who travelled the route recently may like to share some of the more current experience.

In consideration, I have deleted my other post.

Q Shoe Guy Jul 5, 2006 8:14 am

Originally Posted by The Lev
While you make a good point in this case (given that the procedure mentioned in HNL is no longer in force), I love our consistency:
- create a new thread and somebody is upset you didn't use an existing one
- use an existing one and other complian it is too old.

;) :p

Actually this is from the TOS of Flyertalk that I quoted! I was called on this by the member who posted and deleted above me.....in a thread on the CX forum;) ! And I do agree with you LEV.....the consistency is like a loose BM :D !

tcook052 Jul 5, 2006 9:05 am

Wouldn't a simple call to AC have answered this question? :confused:

FlyerGoldII Jul 5, 2006 9:21 am

Thanks, for the responses - I did read the responses.

I also did call AC.

I feel it is quite appropriate to post the question on this thread - to see how the procedures have changed over the last 5 yrs. Now, ALL passengers, even those who are Australia-bound, must clear US customs and immigration in YVR. This also implies that there is no sterile transit area in HNL anymore (as indicated in the earlier posts on this thread) - it that a casualty of the security procedures post-9/11?

tcook052 Jul 5, 2006 9:29 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Now, ALL passengers, even those who are Australia-bound, must clear US customs and immigration in YVR. This also implies that there is no sterile transit area in HNL anymore (as indicated in the earlier posts on this thread) - it that a casualty of the security procedures post-9/11?

The loss of the TWOV (Transit Without Visa) program post 9/11, yes.

Scoop Jul 5, 2006 10:17 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I wonder if Scoop is still posting/lurking here... ;)

Indeed.... :)