Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan.com and Google Chrome

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by mendy7511
Here is an example of the problems I have (same issue on 3 different computers using Chrome 17)

Chrome

Internet Explorer

Note there is no hyperlink to open the reservation using Chrome.
Hm... I didn't even realize that Chrome didn't work there!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC QR WS*P
Originally Posted by RoninTech
Yep, all that stuff works, just not the issue described above. The m is shown in one area up top and not the other below, so maybe we do have the same:
Yup that's the same as mine (I had just looked at the bottom as my eyes are drawn to green checkmarks), although I am running XP (I like to keep with the latest operating systems ). Like I said, the only place I had an issue was on the AC site for about 2-3 days. I just reconfirmed by looking over my rewards reservation that (where mendy7511 doesn't have a link on Chrome, I do).
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by kelapstick
Yup that's the same as mine (I had just looked at the bottom as my eyes are drawn to green checkmarks), although I am running XP (I like to keep with the latest operating systems ). Like I said, the only place I had an issue was on the AC site for about 2-3 days. I just reconfirmed by looking over my rewards reservation that (where mendy7511 doesn't have a link on Chrome, I do).
I'm on Win7 here so who knows.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
For the second time in a couple of weeks I found the web site repeatedly hangs up using IE, but when I switch to Chrome it works right away. Just now I couldn't check in using IE, but Chrome worked on the first attempt.

Anyone else?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Sopwith
For the second time in a couple of weeks I found the web site repeatedly hangs up using IE, but when I switch to Chrome it works right away. Just now I couldn't check in using IE, but Chrome worked on the first attempt.

Anyone else?
lol! Sounds like you need multiple browsers to use the AE site depending on the page/feature.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm also getting a 'this page has insecure content, load anyway?' message on Chrome. This occurs on all browsers, but I don't think this was the case a few weeks ago.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: AC QR WS*P
Originally Posted by yvr76
I'm also getting a 'this page has insecure content, load anyway?' message on Chrome. This occurs on all browsers, but I don't think this was the case a few weeks ago.
I have been getting that on Chrome a lot over the last couple days too.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jiajun
The problem I have with Chrome and AP website is that it cannot remember my membership no. I click on the option "remember me" but the next time I visit the site, I still have to enter it again.
As of yesterday, 'remember me' is working for me with Chrome (Windows) and AP.

Last edited by yvr76; Jan 8, 2013 at 3:04 pm Reason: clarified Windows
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC, UA, DL, BA, SPG
Originally Posted by yvr76
As of yesterday, 'remember me' is working for me with Chrome and AP.
It always worked with Chrome for Mac for me but not in Windows, but yesterday I noticed it works in Chrome for Windows as well.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:29 pm

No issues with Chrome, use it on work PC and home Mac as well as Safari on mac and iOS devices

remembering Aeroplan number works on all of them, never been an issue
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC-SE
AP Manage my rewards 'click for details' won't open with Safari, Chrome or Firefox

Originally Posted by mendy7511
(Please don't shoot me if this has been addressed already, I searched and did not find.)

Does AE website not work on Chrome for everybody?
I mainly use Chrome and on AE.com many links cannot be clicked on in Chrome.
Specifically, when I redeem a ticket after payment I cannot click to continue at the carbon offset page, the link to use SAU does not work and I cannot click on the reservation in the manage my rewards section.
I have never experienced issues like this on other websites, is this just a major IT fail?
I made a change via AP SE phone line to a reward booking 10 days ago and have not yet got back confirmation by email; agent said I should see updated itinerary in 48 hours give or take as well as a refund due to lower YQ.

Having not yet heard back, I went to AP website "Manage My Rewards" page. The 'click for details' won't function for any reward listed, using 3 different browsers. One reward has the outstanding change and shows as unticketed. The other reward is unchanged and shows as ticketed, but it won't open for details either.

Any clues as to what is happening?

Thx.

PS: could not get image to load, only a link to the image below.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#...F-41AB1226E7AA
Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:47 pm

I would just check Manage my Booking on AirCanada.com

The Aeroplan one breaks easily and drops segments, the AC one is far better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.