Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New! Air Canada Rewards for Small Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New! Air Canada Rewards for Small Business

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:57 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
The key word I used in my statement you quoted is that the business program may 'eventually' result in circumvention of individual collection of points.
You have no idea what you are talking about..... Do you really think this is the first incentive program AC has ever rolled out? Do you have any idea about the sizable discounts on fares certain corporations get, yet their miles still get accured to the employee's account. So AC's master plan is to keep letting RBC get X% off their flights, but Joe's Discount Import Emporium in Kamloops will lose the AP miles in favour of some MLL passes and a reporting tool?

Also, how does the tool streamline the forms of payment?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ABG
You have no idea what you are talking about..... Do you really think this is the first incentive program AC has ever rolled out? Do you have any idea about the sizable discounts on fares certain corporations get, yet their miles still get accured to the employee's account. So AC's master plan is to keep letting RBC get X% off their flights, but Joe's Discount Import Emporium in Kamloops will lose the AP miles in favour of some MLL passes and a reporting tool?

Also, how does the tool streamline the forms of payment?
Do you operate a business? It takes a lot of work for companies to reimburse employees for credit card expenses on their personal credit cards.. as opposed to a corporate account where payment is submitted (P.O. system).
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:34 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Do you operate a business? It takes a lot of work for companies to reimburse employees for credit card expenses on their personal credit cards.. as opposed to a corporate account where payment is submitted (P.O. system).
Yes, Several in fact. You still have not answered how the tool steamlines payments. You are aware you are required to enter a form of payment with every booking, just like ac.com.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ABG
Yes, Several in fact. You still have not answered how the tool steamlines payments. You are aware you are required to enter a form of payment with every booking, just like ac.com.
http://www.aircanada.com/en/agents_n...handout_en.pdf

Managing expenses detail reports. Enrolling in the program allows to track expenses.

While different forms of payments may be possible to keep the flexibility, a company can expeditiously track and audit employee and corporate profiles. This would offer quicker reconciliation to the form of payment received.

Note: the link outlines info for a TA, who in turn would bill out or use direct form of payment i.e. cc. But certainly a universal form of payment can be arranged with the TA.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Mar 17, 2012 at 11:46 pm
Old Mar 18, 2012, 2:26 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by canadatosiberia
Does this not allow the person flying to also collect? The DL program allows this, which provides value. It is total BS if it circumvents individual collection...
I got the credit for my flights last week.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Signed our company up.

Qualified for 2 uUpgrade credits as well as the passes and 15%. The business flight search is a lot less fluid then the regular site. And if the regular discount counts can't be used on it, not sure I'll book much travel with it.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I've tried using it a couple of times and ended up going back to the main aircanada.com site to make the booking. My biggest complaint has been mentioned above - it doesn't recognize status for seat assignments. The interface with flight passes isn't very good either, seat assignments can't be changed through the flight pass site. I did make a booking to use the introductory discount because the promo code only works on the new site, but I'll be ignoring it for the next little while until I hear reports that it's been improved.

One thing I do like: When displaying fares it shows eligible flight passes with the per-credit cost alongside the regular T, T+, L etc. columns. Then it's easy to see how the regular fares compare to the flight pass.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: Free Agent
I emailed my complaints and they indicated by return email that some functionality we are seeking (upgrades, etc) would be rolled out in Phase 2... no time line for when that occurs. I recommend you email to provide your experiences and challenges and maybe the patches get done faster.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: AC
The program itself is pretty useless, but those 2 welcome eUps are priceless for a 55eUp/year Elite like my dad, who otherwise ends up 1 credit short of 4 TATLs
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Wow. I'm not sure I've ever seen something so user unfriendly.

I'm trying to book flights. How do you book a flight for someone other than yourself? It automatically fills in your name.

I tried to create an account for another employee. I still can't seem to purchase a ticket for someone else when I'm logged in. I've tried playing around with the 'travel arranger' options. Doesn't seem to change anything.

Anyone have any pointers?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL DM. Marriott Plat. Hyatt DM.
Originally Posted by ac/elite
Huh? You clearly have no idea how this program works. It doesn't replace the employee's ability to collect AE points or use their status benefits.
Actually it does. If I book my flight under this then I have to pay for preferred seating and I cant upgrade my self using e-upgrades
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL DM. Marriott Plat. Hyatt DM.
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I've tried using it a couple of times and ended up going back to the main aircanada.com site to make the booking. My biggest complaint has been mentioned above - it doesn't recognize status for seat assignments. The interface with flight passes isn't very good either, seat assignments can't be changed through the flight pass site. I did make a booking to use the introductory discount because the promo code only works on the new site, but I'll be ignoring it for the next little while until I hear reports that it's been improved.

One thing I do like: When displaying fares it shows eligible flight passes with the per-credit cost alongside the regular T, T+, L etc. columns. Then it's easy to see how the regular fares compare to the flight pass.
I actually was able to book a tango plus flight YXE-YUL and use the discount code. Then when it asked if I wanted to pay for preferred seating/make early seat selection I started adding up the extra costs for doing this AND I cant use my e-upgrades. So yes I get status miles but all the goodies go away to the tune of >15% off. So back to AC.com to book. Still it is 15% off and a good reason to sign up.
Old May 6, 2012, 9:24 pm

seems like the initial impressions were pretty lackluster - not user friendly, minimal benefits, with revenue thresholds in the 20K, 50K range. has anyone had further thoughts/experiences using the program in the last month or so?
thanks
Old May 6, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC
My experience is that 2 eups did post nice and quick. That is all so far.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Thumbs down ...

Not sure why Air Canada would waste their time doing something so half-assed as this. I tried to book travel for 9 employees but kept getting an error message that said

"Unable to process your request. Item too long."

Well, actually I tried booking travel for them, determined that the person booking actually had to be a passenger, created an account for one of the employees, tried booking the travel again and then got the error message above with no other information.

Sent them an email but they said all website or technical issues have to be reported by phone. ...? Not worth my time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.