Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Best promotion ever - Leap for Extra Bonus Miles!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE

This one day promo (below) may seem familiar to everyone. It's really bad when they start repackaging features they took away as special offers. They could have been far more creative for the leap day... That being said I think the old standard was 1 mile for every $1 spent on the website so I guess this offer is worse. Ah well!

Eligible for Air Canada flight within Canada or between Canada and the U.S. (including Hawaii)

1 mile for every $1 spent:
Executive Class (Flexible)
Executive Class (Lowest)
Latitude

1 mile for every $2 spent:
Tango Plus

1 mile for every $3 spent:
Tango
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:01 am

Haha, they didn't take the features away - the made "enhancements"
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:58 am

several years back, that was the norm, buy from AC.com and earn Aeroplan miles.... I believe for T+ it was $3 = 1 mile
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
My, my, we have short memories. It was always 1 AE mile/$1 for Lat bookings and 1 AE mile/$2 for T+ bookings. I have no idea what it was for T.

Last edited by margarita girl; Feb 29, 2012 at 9:10 am
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9790; en-GB) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.528 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by margarita girl
My, my, we have short memories. I was always 1 AE mile/$1 for Lat bookings and 1 AE mile/$2 for T+ bookings. I have no idea what it was for T.
Haha I knew it was in the range. I always did well off of that promotion but since they stopped using it ice begun booking through the call centre more often.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
My, my, we have short memories. It was always 1 AE mile/$1 for Lat bookings and 1 AE mile/$2 for T+ bookings. I have no idea what it was for T.
. I thought T was student fares
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K
LOL!

Our collective memories aren't THAT short, AC.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:41 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Murphy's law struck again. I booked a bunch of flights on the 28th only to see the email a few minutes later. A few thousand points out the window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.