Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread: eupgrade credits to gift to a new friend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread: eupgrade credits to gift to a new friend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by danapop
Here is the availability on the outbound:
J9 C9 D9 Z6 P0 R0 O6 E5 N0 Y9 B9 M9
U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9

Here is the availability on the inbound:
J9 C9 D9 Z9 P7 R6 O9 E9 N4 Y9 B9 M9
U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K0

The inbound (LHR-YVR) looks like you will have a better chance but it is just under a month away. So anything could happen.

If you really want to upgrade, your best bet would be to attempt it on the outbound first and if it doesn't clear, then on the inbound. Make sure you try to process at exactly T-8 Days.
Hey Danapop,

Would you by any chance be able to check the availability today? I'm trying to see if it's going to be likely on the the outbound or if I'm going to have to try on the return. I'm assuming all the SE will be scooping it up today as it's T-8.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by fightorflight

hey danapop,

would you by any chance be able to check the availability today? I'm trying to see if it's going to be likely on the the outbound or if i'm going to have to try on the return. I'm assuming all the se will be scooping it up today as it's t-8.
feb6 ac854: J9 c9 d9 z8 p0 r0 o6 e5 n0 y9 b9 m9 u9 h9 q9 v9 w9 s9 t9 l9 k9

feb18 ac855: J9 c9 d9 z9 p3 r0 o9 e9 n4 y9 b9 m9 u9 h9 q9 v9 w9 s9 t9 l9 k0
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
feb6 ac854: J9 c9 d9 z8 p0 r0 o6 e5 n0 y9 b9 m9 u9 h9 q9 v9 w9 s9 t9 l9 k9

feb18 ac855: J9 c9 d9 z9 p3 r0 o9 e9 n4 y9 b9 m9 u9 h9 q9 v9 w9 s9 t9 l9 k0
Thank you so much! Based on the numbers above, does that mean there are 35 seats remaining in Business for AC854? How does that usually correlate to eupgrade possibilities?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by FightorFlight

Thank you so much! Based on the numbers above, does that mean there are 35 seats remaining in Business for AC854? How does that usually correlate to eupgrade possibilities?
No, it means at least 9 for sale. Those numbers are not cumulative, they overlap.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by JordanYVR

No, it means at least 9 for sale. Those numbers are not cumulative, they overlap.
Thanks for helping clarify Jordan! I'm clearly a newbie🤣.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:08 pm

Does anyone know what the chances are of getting upgraded if you're on the wait list? I applied for an eupgrade and was wait listed. Do you have to wait at the gate before finding out if you've been upgraded or do you usually know ahead of time?

Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Does anyone know what the chances are of getting upgraded if you're on the wait list? I applied for an eupgrade and was wait listed. Do you have to wait at the gate before finding out if you've been upgraded or do you usually know ahead of time?

If you're waitlisted you are more than likely not going to find out until day of travel - likely moments before you board the plane.

There is no way to know what your chances are - it depends on loads, your status, your original fare bucket...

When you OLCI you'll be able to see the "standby and upgrades" list for your flight - you'll see your name and see where in the pecking order you are. Try not to think about it until you're at the gate because there's nothing you can do in the meantime.

Good luck!
FightorFlight likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
If you're waitlisted you are more than likely not going to find out until day of travel - likely moments before you board the plane.

There is no way to know what your chances are - it depends on loads, your status, your original fare bucket...

When you OLCI you'll be able to see the "standby and upgrades" list for your flight - you'll see your name and see where in the pecking order you are. Try not to think about it until you're at the gate because there's nothing you can do in the meantime.

Good luck!
Thank you for the insight. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but not get my hopes up. Being E35K, I don't think my chances in general will be too good. Dare to dream though!😃
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:28 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've searched the AC site and FT unsuccessfully on this, so I'm hoping someone here can answer (maybe @canadiancow?).

My nominee slot remains open and I have a substantial amount of eUps that will likely expire. I'm willing to share them with another FTer, but I want to make sure the credits will actually get them an upgrade. I won't nominate someone until the window is open and there's R space on the flight(s) they want to upgrade.

So whose window is the request based on - my status as the nominator, or theirs as the nominee?

The AC site says:

Make sure you complete your request ahead of your nominee’s travel date while remaining within your applicable booking window
This implies that it's the nominator's status, but it's not entirely clear. So if someone couls clarify, it would be appreciated.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I've searched the AC site and FT unsuccessfully on this, so I'm hoping someone here can answer (maybe @canadiancow?).

My nominee slot remains open and I have a substantial amount of eUps that will likely expire. I'm willing to share them with another FTer, but I want to make sure the credits will actually get them an upgrade. I won't nominate someone until the window is open and there's R space on the flight(s) they want to upgrade.

So whose window is the request based on - my status as the nominator, or theirs as the nominee?

The AC site says:

This implies that it's the nominator's status, but it's not entirely clear. So if someone couls clarify, it would be appreciated.
The nominator's window counts.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:32 am

Thank you for the insight. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but not get my hopes up. Being E35K, I don't think my chances in general will be too good. Dare to dream though!😃
Hey, you never know. E35k also, in 2018 I was able to eup FCO-YUL and YUL-YVR. Made my day!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
My nominee slot remains open and I have a substantial amount of eUps that will likely expire.
Sent you a PM.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

The AC site says:

Its the nominators status until T-24 transfers to the airport, then its the nominee at least thats what I was told.
And if you have eupg available, happy to be your nominee. I have two TCON flights, all in flex and all upgradeable. I am SE so likely the upgs will clear as flights are R7 or better.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Yep (as per others above), this was asked a few times recently but scattered across different threads (unfortunately).
The nominee "takes on" the SE status as it pertains to upgrading... done this several times for my nominees in the past at my eUp window. Also, if they were to be waitlisted, they take on the SE's status for waitlisting, until airport control. At airport control, the waitlist is then based on the status of the passenger.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:04 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Hi everyone, just FYI, I received quite a few messages already on those eUps and obviously there's only one upgrade slot. So no need for any further PMs.

Originally Posted by YYT82
The nominator's window counts.
Originally Posted by vernonc
Its the nominators status until T-24 transfers to the airport, then its the nominee at least thats what I was told.
Thanks guys.
​​​​​
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yep (as per others above), this was asked a few times recently but scattered across different threads (unfortunately).
I was sure it must have been around here somewhere, but several minutes Googling and a visit to the AC site didn't turn it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.