Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread: eupgrade credits to gift to a new friend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread: eupgrade credits to gift to a new friend

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Have a bunch 90+ of credits expiring 2/28/20

I'm at the preliminary stages of giving these up, so you may not hear back for a while. Like others, want to make sure they're used before giving up nominee spot. Also, if I recognize you, that's worth something. PM me.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'd like to make a suggestion that people with 100 expiring credits not just give them to a FOTSG on their annual flight from YYZ to YOW.

There are a bunch of SEs who can easily use 100 before March, and their status will ensure they actually clear.

No, I'm not one of them. But please don't waste the slot on someone who will only use 10% of your stash.
Plumber and JordanYVR like this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Originally Posted by YQMer
I'm at the preliminary stages of giving these up, so you may not hear back for a while. Like others, want to make sure they're used before giving up nominee spot. Also, if I recognize you, that's worth something. PM me.
YQMer it says you don't accept PM, but can you message me about your extra credits?
btw, i'm friends with canadiancow so he can vouch for me
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:38 pm

I will have lots, but have a nominee who won’t be able to use. I was going to offer companion upgrades when travelled but sounds like wont be possible after the Amadeus switch at least for a while? Am I right?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
yyznomad Sean Peever Adam Smith 24left

Are any of you guys flying a lot in North America this month by chance? With a 2yr old in tow, it was very difficult for me to fly this year (except for 2 great vacations).

Anyway I've got 95 eupgrade credits to give away, but ideally would like to give it away only if you'll be using most of it. (expires end of this month) Nominee slot is still open.

Sorry, not sure if there was a thread for this...
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CanRulez
yyznomad Sean Peever Adam Smith 24left

Are any of you guys flying a lot in North America this month by chance? With a 2yr old in tow, it was very difficult for me to fly this year (except for 2 great vacations).

Anyway I've got 95 eupgrade credits to give away, but ideally would like to give it away only if you'll be using most of it. (expires end of this month) Nominee slot is still open.

Sorry, not sure if there was a thread for this...
CanRulez

That's very generous of you. Thank you for the offer, but I've been taken care of by another gracious FTer.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:19 pm

Anyone know of any cheap PY fares that can do an immediate turn and have both N and R space?

Otherwise I have ~75 credits and a nominee slot as well.
expert7700 and Nitehawk like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same here with about 110 credits expiring...

Next year I am going for free internet.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Anyone know of any cheap PY fares that can do an immediate turn and have both N and R space?

Otherwise I have ~75 credits and a nominee slot as well.
I am also looking for one. I can position to anywhere and I don't actually care about the immediate turn around. I have 88 expiring credits. Was supposed to go to HKG but...

I also have a nominee slot.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:49 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I learnt the hard way this year that you can only be the nominee of one SE. And if that SE deactivates you so another SE can attempt to make you their nominee, then the first SE can no longer re-activate you as a nominee
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
May be slightly Off Topic - can some of you ELI5 how eUpgrades work with AE redemptions? I tried following the AC guide but its kinda greek & latin to me.

I am E35 (2020) so have some credits (20) and have possibility to acquire 10 more via bundle. Can these be used for X fare class (AE Fixed redemption) or N (PY) or market fare redemptions (S, K etc) ? If yes, how many credits are required & what will be the co-pay?
For a given itinerary - booking at which category (above 3) makes more sense if I need to make use of the eupgrade credits ?

Saw the generous offers Wish i had seen them a bit earlier - i have quite a few trips this month but booked WS & its too late to change

Having said that, I have a YUL - YOW - DCA booked for Feb 28th in K (AE market fare). If anyone have expiring credits & willing to share - please let me know Thanks in Advance.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Stranger
Same here with about 110 credits expiring...

Next year I am going for free internet.
If I cover for your internet can I be your nominee? :P
i have my goal of earning my status this year so would be going to Europe, Asia, South America (and maybe even Australia/NZ again) so would no problemo burning away as much as you can spare

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Feb 8, 2020 at 11:24 am
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
If I cover for your internet can I be your nominee? :P
i have my goal of earning my status this year so would be going to Europe, Asia, South America (and maybe even Australia/NZ again) so would no problemo burning away as much as you can spare
Alas, I already made my selection. With internet.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Stranger
Alas, I already made my selection. With internet.
Keep me in mind for next year please! (Unless its already too late to change whats already selected)
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap
May be slightly Off Topic - can some of you ELI5 how eUpgrades work with AE redemptions? I tried following the AC guide but its kinda greek & latin to me.

I am E35 (2020) so have some credits (20) and have possibility to acquire 10 more via bundle. Can these be used for X fare class (AE Fixed redemption) or N (PY) or market fare redemptions (S, K etc) ? If yes, how many credits are required & what will be the co-pay?
For a given itinerary - booking at which category (above 3) makes more sense if I need to make use of the eupgrade credits ?

Saw the generous offers Wish i had seen them a bit earlier - i have quite a few trips this month but booked WS & its too late to change

Having said that, I have a YUL - YOW - DCA booked for Feb 28th in K (AE market fare). If anyone have expiring credits & willing to share - please let me know Thanks in Advance.
X can be upgraded with a co-pay.

Aeroplan N cannot.
Aeroplan Market Fare cannot.
jugaadkabaap likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.