Get a look at the 787

Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Has anyone get any reply after RSVP'd?

Still nada here, what's up with the marketing department? Or is it going to be another aerolotto?
I have not received a reply ... do not recall if we received any type of reply/confirmation for the 2009 SE reception at the King Eddy. IIRC, upon arrival, there were name tags waiting for us.

Maybe someone has a better recollection about this than I?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
You will likely have to wait until the event to get these answers since nothing is known generally beyond AC expects its first 787 to enter service sometime in 2014. Though one of the first airlines to purchase, for some reason AC has decided to delay its entry into service significantly. I can report that there will be a different type of J seat on the 787, new IFE system likely to be wifi based versus hard wired, and some change in the coach seats, perhaps adopting the new STAR model being developed.

I am sure we will learn more on the 2nd.
What you might find out is that the aircraft is further delayed to 2015, and that shareholder's crystal ball is on the fritz again .....
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Though one of the first airlines to purchase, for some reason AC has decided to delay its entry into service significantly.
The delays to 2014 are definitely not as a result of AC's wishes.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:16 am

No reply to RSVP yet--but have cancelled my office. Still haven't booked the flights--will have to do a cash and points ticket as otherwise my base airport to LHR return is nearly 500.00 cheaper than base -YYZ return!! Anybody got a reply to their RSVP yet?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Sent a brief DM to @ACTopTier on twitter and they confirmed that they are going to be sending a reply to those that RSVPed. No timeline, but watch your inbox.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: *G
New Email Invitation

I just received a new and separate email with an invitation to the 787 event. Initially I thought it might be a confirmation of the RSVP already sent, but the RSVP link in the new email takes me to exactly the same page as the original email, so it looks like a new SE emailing. I am assuming I do not have to RSVP again, but will likely do so just to be sure.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by fin 645
I just received a new and separate email with an invitation to the 787 event. Initially I thought it might be a confirmation of the RSVP already sent, but the RSVP link in the new email takes me to exactly the same page as the original email, so it looks like a new SE emailing. I am assuming I do not have to RSVP again, but will likely do so just to be sure.

per the 'small print' at the bottom of the invite,

"* Please disregard this email if you’ve already confirmed your attendance."
Old Feb 18, 2012, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by fin 645
Don't you read? As Melville noted, tt clearly stated those who had RSVPd didn't have to. Suppose most SEs never read their eNewsletter and thus missed the original invitation. Shows how many people must junk mail their AC/AE correspondence.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: *G
Don't you read? As Melville noted, tt(??) clearly stated those who had RSVPd didn't have to. Suppose most SEs never read their eNewsletter and thus missed the original invitation. Shows how many people must junk mail their AC/AE correspondence.
Yes, my friend, Melville quite politely pointed out nearly 24 hours ago that I had not read the small print at the end of the email. Before I scrolled down below the signature on the email, I clicked on the link in the body of the email for RSVP, naively thinking it might contain new or additional information, which obviously it did not.

I agree with you that this new email is likely in response to a recognition that many SEs had missed the original invite, but it would also be useful if it stated if RSVPs will be acknowledged and how.

Now back to obsessing about tomorrow's upgrades.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: 100K
Looks like the party is a go:

Dear Super Elite member,

Thank you for confirming your presence at the Air Canada 75th Anniversary celebration event on March 2nd, 2012.Your name has been placed on our guests list at

Air Canada Hangar 8 at Terminal 3
of Toronto Lester B. Pearson Airport
(6420 Silver Dart Dr. Mississauga, On, L5P 1A5).

Guests are invited from 11:00am to 2:00pm with special presentations and a retrospective of 75 years of airline fashion as of noon. Meet Air Canada executives, tour Boeing’s 787 – Dreamliner and enjoy a showcase of current and upcoming Air Canada products.

Exclusive complimentary parking is available in front of Hangar 8 and at GTAA’s Terminal 3 Parking Level 5 rooftop. Personnel will direct you to the Arrival’s level inside Terminal 3 where 75th Anniversary event signage will guide you to Air Canada Hangar 8.

Please remember to bring your Super Elite card as this invitation is non-transferable and unfortunately we are unable to accommodate any guests.

Dress code: Business casual

We look forward to seeing you.

Marketing Communications
Air Canada
Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Got my confirmation last night as well. Looking forward to it.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: AC*ACMM, Marriott*Platinum Elite
I have also received the confirmation from Air Canada. I am looking forward to attending the event and meeting the SEs.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I have not received any confirmation email.

Am I the only one who hasn't?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I guess a breakfast pre-event DO is out of the picture?

I'm not proposing a post-event DO because I'm flying out. I'll leave that to others.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:48 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Can someone please PM me the link for the newsletter, unfortunately I am one of those who junk my SE newsletter this time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.