New Amenity Kits?

Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
New Amenity Kits?

Returning on an international J flight today (AC833) and noticed a new amenity kit (wrapped instead of zipped, and appears to be less durable). My outbound flight a week ago still had the old bag. Does anyone know when the change was made? Just curious...
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
On day flights the kits have been like that for as long as I can remember.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Had them on CDG-YUL last week. They look like they're wrapped in a napkin! Didn't even bother taking mine out of the plastic.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Had them on CDG-YUL last week. They look like they're wrapped in a napkin! Didn't even bother taking mine out of the plastic.
JL amenity kits on J>All AC amenity kits.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC SE
They suck. Really sad that they can't afford a decent product.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by jlisi984
On day flights the kits have been like that for as long as I can remember.
Ah I see. Usually my int'l trips are all TPAC so I've never come across these before.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by fly-yul
Nothing wrong with these daytime kits. They're quite practical. Basically a pair of socks, ear plugs, eye shades and toothbrush/paste. What's more to have since it's not an overnight flight?

As noted, AC supplies a full kit on overnight flights, this modified one on day flights. Compared to LH's even the day kit is superior.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by fly-yul
Even bAAnkrupt can do better...
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Nothing wrong with these daytime kits. They're quite practical. Basically a pair of socks, ear plugs, eye shades and toothbrush/paste. What's more to have since it's not an overnight flight?

As noted, AC supplies a full kit on overnight flights, this modified one on day flights. Compared to LH's even the day kit is superior.
On YYZ-ZRH last week, they had the daytime kits at all the pods upon boarding. I inquired if this was a change, and the FA first said that was all they had. Just before takeoff she found the overnight kits and ran around the cabin distributing them to everyone. Not sure if they had loaded enough of the daytime kits for the return flight, as many of them had been opened by many outbound passengers at that point in time.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan
We haven't flown AC J for a year and dh brought home a blue kit yesterday from YOW-LHR. So that's new to me (the previous ones we had were the boxy, silver metalic ones.)

I'm wondering if it is such a recent change that the flight attendant in GJS's post didn't find the silver ones so assumed the daytime kits were all they had on board.

Haven't opened it up. Nor looked at the daytime one. Am looking forward to finding out what SAA will offer in J since that's my next flight.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, Goldpassport Platinum, Avis Something, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by KathrynInCanada
We haven't flown AC J for a year and dh brought home a blue kit yesterday from YOW-LHR. So that's new to me (the previous ones we had were the boxy, silver metalic ones.)

I'm wondering if it is such a recent change that the flight attendant in GJS's post didn't find the silver ones so assumed the daytime kits were all they had on board.

Haven't opened it up. Nor looked at the daytime one. Am looking forward to finding out what SAA will offer in J since that's my next flight.
The silver kits have been gone for a long time (and good riddance at that as the silver pouches looked terrible and tacky). What I do miss in the kits are the socketts. AC please bring those back.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Don't look forward to these anymore, bring my own stuff.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by becreative
(and good riddance at that as the silver pouches looked terrible and tacky)
+1

I think even the newer amenity kits are pretty wasteful, but the old ones with the cheapo silver bag were awful. All I ever want from the kit is the toothpaste and the ear plugs, the rest of it I am sure gets put in the trash as I have no use for it.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
The silver kits have been gone for a long time (and good riddance at that as the silver pouches looked terrible and tacky). What I do miss in the kits are the socketts. AC please bring those back.
+1
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
lol I think there was someone around here a while back who boasted they found the silver pouch quite classy to use even as a camera case or a clutch!

What's a sockett?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.