Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The R Games

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:07 pm

I've dl'd the Flights Stat app as suggested above.

I can't figure out how to find AC flights from TLV to YYZ. I'm wanting to see how many J seats might be available for e-upgrade on Sunday. AC 085 .
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by nobody-elite
I've dl'd the Flights Stat app as suggested above.

I can't figure out how to find AC flights from TLV to YYZ. I'm wanting to see how many J seats might be available for e-upgrade on Sunday. AC 085 .
Actually, you don't dl anything.
You check online http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...vailability.do
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:09 pm

Thanks. I dl'd a mobile app when in FlightStats and it was called AirportZoom.

Thanks for clarification. I went to the website link you provided and they say 0 business seats for AC 85, so guess no point in trying to e-upgrade my daughter for the 23rd. I was going to try and do the 4 day upgrade request for her on Sunday.

I've never done an e-upgrade before and I'm finding it so confusing. Daughter has never flown in a pod and I wanted to gift her this treat for all of her hard work.

Does anybody know how many empty seats are showing up front for Thurs. Feb.23rd on AC 85 ? I can't see any seating plans in the AC site. The page goes into over ride every time I try to check or do a dummy booking.

Last edited by nobody-elite; Feb 16, 2012 at 7:21 pm
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Thanks. I dl'd a mobile app when in FlightStats and it was called AirportZoom.

Thanks for clarification. I went to the website link you provided and they say 0 business seats for AC 85, so guess no point in trying to e-upgrade my daughter for the 23rd. I was going to try and do the 4 day upgrade request for her on Sunday.

I've never done an e-upgrade before and finding it so confusing. Daughter has never flown in a pod and I wanted to gift her this treat for all of her hard work.

Does anybody know how many empty seats are showing up front for Thurs. Feb.23rd? I can't see any seating plans in AC site. The page goes into over ride every time I try to check or do a dummy booking.
It doesn't hurt to try, she might get her first win in the aerolotto!
On flight stats you need to check Business and other column as well.
Business will show R space (on the 23 it is 0) and other will show actual business seats available (J7 for the 23rd).
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

On the 23rd J9D9Z9R0Y9-- 11 seats appear to be open in J and 23 in Y. Suggest you do the 96 hr eu/g and get her on the wait list. Seats may open up.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:54 pm

Thanks so much. Didn't realize "other" was useful to this upgrade watch. I'll try at the 96 hr point for her.

Hope I can figure out all the steps involved. Once I try to upgrade her at the 96 hour point, does she then hear when she checks in if she has got an upgrade?

Thanks again. Wish this was easier as the whole process is like Greek to me.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Hope I can figure out all the steps involved. Once I try to upgrade her at the 96 hour point, does she then hear when she checks in if she has got an upgrade?
They used to send out an e-mail when the u/g cleared, but that doesn't always happen. So keep checking "Manage My Bookings". At T-24 look to see if any R space has opened up, because despite claims to the contrary, the waitlist doesn't seem to transfer, or at least get processed, when it moves to airport control. If there is R space, then request the u/g. Otherwise it will be Aerolotto at the gate and she will have a low priority.

Last edited by Academic; Feb 17, 2012 at 6:21 am
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:22 am

Thanks so much. Didn't realize "other" was useful to this upgrade watch. I'll try at the 96 hr point for her.

Thanks again. Wish this was easier as the whole process is like Greek to me.
If yeild management converts J to R, it may clear before, but this is doubtful. Most likely she will only know at the gate before boarding. There are still seats left so your chances are higher then 0.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:11 am

Thanks for your feedback Academic and Hearna.

I'm in YVR, so will stay up until 2:45 AM to request an upgrade for her. It would be wonderful if she could get to try a pod on such a long flight.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: *void
Thanks for your feedback Academic and Hearna.

I'm in YVR, so will stay up until 2:45 AM to request an upgrade for her. It would be wonderful if she could get to try a pod on such a long flight.
n-e,
You say you've never done an eUpgrade before, so hope you're aware that you need to add your daughter's (aeroplan) as one of your nominees, and have her booking reference number, so you can input this during the eUpgrade process.

When you're ready, visit here:
https://services.aircanada.com/eupgw...rvice/eupgrade

Also, you asked for a seat availability map...I saw this (AC085 Feb 23):

Don't forget to set your alarm!!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:18 pm

Thanks JJonahJ

Yes, added my daughter as a nominee and have her booking ref #

Alarm will be set, it's going to be a middle of the night request here in YVR.

JJonahJ, it was nice to see the seating chart you kindly provided for me. I actually had that 9A seat booked for myself but had to cancel my flight due to illness. Was surprised to see that nobody else has taken 9A yet.

Keeping my fingers crossed for my daughter. Thanks everyone for giving me hope.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I am on AC115 (currently a 333) for Dec 23 waitlisted on a Latitude B fare.

J9C9D9Z9R0

My upgrades have been clearing ahead of time recently, but I have a weird suspicion that this might not clear at all. I booked this flight after the 7 day window opened.

If I don't end up getting the ug, I will be really, really, really annoyed.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I had an interesting experience lately. Was on a cruise, so because of the $$$ for the internet connection I was not checking email regularly. At T-96 hrs I booked an ug for our flight home and was waitlisted. At T-24 hrs I checked in, but still no ug. Showed up at the airport and while checking bags asked about the upgrade. Agent says it hasn't cleared, check with the GA. While waiting at the gate I check my email and found one from two days ago confirming the upgrade. Checked with the GA once she arrives, and I'm told the check-in agent checked us in "under the wrong file number", whatever that means. She says no J seats available. I show here the confirming email, but still no go. Some time later she calls me over and says she has one seat, which I give to Mrs Sopwith (brownie points ). Board the a/c, sitting in 12C so I have a good view of the J cabin, two seats right behind Mrs S are empty after they close the door. Stopped an FA to enquire, who has little interest, but after takeoff the SD approaches me. He has the details right but is reluctant to let me move, concerned about whether I have a "certificate" . I showed him the email confirming that credits have been taken, and he then lets me move ^. Checked my account later and sure enough the credits were taken.

So I appears that without my persistence I would have been done out of the upgrade. I'm still confused about what happened at the airport.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:11 pm

My NRT/YVR flight which I bought for the sole reason it was R9 has now gone to R0.

This is really starting to piss me off.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sopwith
I had an interesting experience lately. Was on a cruise, so because of the $$$ for the internet connection I was not checking email regularly. At T-96 hrs I booked an ug for our flight home and was waitlisted. At T-24 hrs I checked in, but still no ug. Showed up at the airport and while checking bags asked about the upgrade. Agent says it hasn't cleared, check with the GA. While waiting at the gate I check my email and found one from two days ago confirming the upgrade. Checked with the GA once she arrives, and I'm told the check-in agent checked us in "under the wrong file number", whatever that means. She says no J seats available. I show here the confirming email, but still no go. Some time later she calls me over and says she has one seat, which I give to Mrs Sopwith (brownie points ). Board the a/c, sitting in 12C so I have a good view of the J cabin, two seats right behind Mrs S are empty after they close the door. Stopped an FA to enquire, who has little interest, but after takeoff the SD approaches me. He has the details right but is reluctant to let me move, concerned about whether I have a "certificate" . I showed him the email confirming that credits have been taken, and he then lets me move ^. Checked my account later and sure enough the credits were taken.

So I appears that without my persistence I would have been done out of the upgrade. I'm still confused about what happened at the airport.
Ok, this is concerning. I do notice that every time my waitlist clears, it's not cleared entirely properly and I have to call in to get my file fixed. The agents always say my cleared upgrade is never properly or perfectly handled in my file. I suspect this might be a cause of your troubles. It should not have gone down to you showing a bloody email to a SD to get you up front. Talk about pathetic! Maybe I'll send myself fake emails to show the SD for my upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.