Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canadas Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Concierges have briefs with other leads throughout the day.

Sometimes they discuss passengers.

​​​​​​And then those names are related to the friends of those passengers.

Today, it was fine. Other times, it's a bit of an invasion of my privacy.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Had a great Concierge experience on Friday: Woke up to my FLL-YYZ being 6 hours delayed (mechnical plane through the Rouge routing into chaos), and a voicemail and an email from the Concierge with other/better options home. Due to meeting times, I wasn't able to use the best options, but was on a MIA flight that was only 2 hours after my original flight, so the delay was minimal because of a proactive Concierge team. My friend wasn't so lucky - we were both in J, but I got the last seat on the MIA flight (Y oversold), and he ended up getting home around midnight via YUL.

Love when the system works! (except the broken plane part
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I have it on good authority that YVR concierge can retrace a certain person's steps (Priority Pass cafe past security, Intl MLL, then check lost and found) to retrieve a missing Priority Pass membership card.

This....err.... THE person who lost if had been rushing to the YVR Gimli planetag miniDO and left it behind. Very grateful
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by AskTravis
Had a great Concierge experience on Friday: Woke up to my FLL-YYZ being 6 hours delayed (mechnical plane through the Rouge routing into chaos), and a voicemail and an email from the Concierge with other/better options home. Due to meeting times, I wasn't able to use the best options, but was on a MIA flight that was only 2 hours after my original flight, so the delay was minimal because of a proactive Concierge team. My friend wasn't so lucky - we were both in J, but I got the last seat on the MIA flight (Y oversold), and he ended up getting home around midnight via YUL.

Love when the system works! (except the broken plane part
Funny - had the same experience on the FLL-YUL flight a few Sunday nights ago. Ended up on the MIA flight, kept our J seats (which were upgrades) and home on time. Kept me from getting home at 5:30 am on a work Monday!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Reporting back on my FRA experience - ended up delayed out of YYC which cut the connection time to 30 minutes. Concierge was waiting for me and we quickly made our way - she spoke to someone at customs and they brought me through the diplomat line - 2 minutes. Spoke to someone at security and they put me at the front - 5 minutes. Got to our gate and there was a herd - she asked everyone to step aside and got me my boarding pass. Felt a bit funny with that part, especially because there were colleagues of mine from around EU at that gate waiting for the plane. They couldn't believe the special treatment.

Anyway, I was very pleased to have the assistance. No way I would have made that connection without her.
JordanYVR and codfather like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Reporting back on my FRA experience - ended up delayed out of YYC which cut the connection time to 30 minutes. Concierge was waiting for me and we quickly made our way - she spoke to someone at customs and they brought me through the diplomat line - 2 minutes. Spoke to someone at security and they put me at the front - 5 minutes. Got to our gate and there was a herd - she asked everyone to step aside and got me my boarding pass. Felt a bit funny with that part, especially because there were colleagues of mine from around EU at that gate waiting for the plane. They couldn't believe the special treatment.

Anyway, I was very pleased to have the assistance. No way I would have made that connection without her.
Amazing experience! Glad you caught your connection, having been caught myself at FRA Customs. Did you alert the concierge regarding tight connection time and request assistance, or was this proactive on their part?

Last edited by SteadyAT; Feb 27, 2019 at 7:31 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Two recent examples via e-mail.

1) I was on a revenue PNR - booked family on AP with IKK, called regular SE line to link PNRs and move family to be with me in preferred seating - first time no issue, second trip wanted to the same and agent was insisting on a fee (maybe true but I said in the past it's been waived) - couldn't get it done so I just emailed concierge and no problem
2) Booked TATL in PE, saw P space available to upgrade, R was 0, eup tool waitlisted me, sent an email and upgrade processed
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SteadyAT
Amazing experience! Glad you caught your connection, having been caught myself at FRA Customs. Did you alert the concierge regarding tight connection time and request assistance, or was this proactive on their part?
I had made the request. I was told they would have been there anyway but who knows about that part.
SteadyAT likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by ksm06

2) Booked TATL in PE, saw P space available to upgrade, R was 0, eup tool waitlisted me, sent an email and upgrade processed
Unless your TATL in PE was booked in O, it wouldn't come out of P space regardless
capedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I had made the request. I was told they would have been there anyway but who knows about that part.
I have found the FRA team to be consistently very good. They most likely would have been there.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
These recent posts give me hope that the concierge service still exist at AC. My recent experiences led me to believe it was terminated for 2019. the wait times have increased to a point where its unusable if you are in transit. If you are in transit and are waiting more than 15 minutes, it likely you'll need to hang up because you either need to speak to the counter, go thru passport control, go thru security, or the seatbelt sign is on. Email is even worse; emails are not being responded to for 8+ hours. I only need this service for irrops, and they never seem to be available during these times. We can blame it on the weather, but that's really the purpose of this white glove service. </end rant>
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ksm06

1) I was on a revenue PNR - booked family on AP with IKK, called regular SE line to link PNRs and move family to be with me in preferred seating - first time no issue, second trip wanted to the same and agent was insisting on a fee (maybe true but I said in the past it's been waived) - couldn't get it done so I just emailed concierge and no problem
I made the same request and was told no, family has to be on the same PNR. Or I have to pay for preferred seating for them.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by sram
These recent posts give me hope that the concierge service still exist at AC. My recent experiences led me to believe it was terminated for 2019. the wait times have increased to a point where its unusable if you are in transit. If you are in transit and are waiting more than 15 minutes, it likely you'll need to hang up because you either need to speak to the counter, go thru passport control, go thru security, or the seatbelt sign is on. Email is even worse; emails are not being responded to for 8+ hours. I only need this service for irrops, and they never seem to be available during these times. We can blame it on the weather, but that's really the purpose of this white glove service. </end rant>
There are definitely some issues with the phone service. In Europe I called in the morning recently (2:00 am EST) and the phone just rang endlessly. Never did get picked up. Fortunately they were helpful locally on email.

Last edited by ridefar; Mar 1, 2019 at 11:47 am
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:59 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sram
Starting today, it should be better. I find in Jan/Feb, concierge are always busier, because there are more SE's at this time of the year. Also, I find new SE always want to use their "New Toy".
Plumber likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Unless your TATL in PE was booked in O, it wouldn't come out of P space regardless
sorry i forget to add that yes it was booked in O

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.