Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canadas Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by RZR
Senior or junior is not really the factor. Pride and giving a sh%t about your job is what makes a difference.

Same as in crew staff , Some are old and piss%%d off and some are old and very outgoing. ...
​​​​​​Unfortunately, the way Concierges are appointed changed dramatically about 3 years ago. Senior Agents are no longer the primary target for management to entice to the job, and in some cities, Concierges are among the most junior staff, sometimes having been newly hired right off the street into the job with only weeks of training. Many senior Agents applying for the job are bypassed, apparently, so as to emphasise the current modus operandi of centralising most tasks.

Last edited by californiadreamin'; Jul 16, 2018 at 12:00 pm Reason: Correction
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
If you fly through YWG, you will see what a new Concierge, who cares, can, and will, do for you. There is also a new Concierge in YEG who is amazing. She, however, was a current employee with experience and great skills. I deliberately left names out.
Truth be told, if you're flying through YWG the concierge's should have the ability to help you with no issues anyway... it's not like there are as many flights as some of the larger hubs (YYZ, YVR, YYC, etc).

I count 27 arrivals tomorrow and 17 departures on the board. Concierge should have the ability to provide attention (barring some crazy issue with a flight with 20+ SE's on it... LOL)

But glad to hear he/she is doing their job!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by californiadreamin'
​​​​​​Unfortunately, the way Concierges are appointed changed dramatically about 3 years ago. Senior Agents are no longer the primary target for management to entice to the job, and in some cities, Concierges are among the most junior staff, sometimes having been newly hired right off the street into the job with only weeks of training. Many senior Agents applying for the job are bypassed, apparently, so as to emphasise the current modus operandi of centralising most tasks.
Do you know that senior agents are no longer the primary target? How have you learned that many senior agents are bypassed?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: TK *G
I too find the decline in the quality (and age) of concierge. I now usually need to ask for exactly what I need, fewer and fewer things are done proactively.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Apparently when you leave something in the YYZ TB MLL, they can't just put it on a flight for you. You have to go pick it up in their office, 2254 miles away.

They specifically mentioned the US though. I know they can send things on domestic flights.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I know they can send things on domestic flights.
Indeed they can.^
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Apparently when you leave something in the YYZ TB MLL, they can't just put it on a flight for you. You have to go pick it up in their office, 2254 miles away.

They specifically mentioned the US though. I know they can send things on domestic flights.
You can get a piled of shattered tempered glass anywhere.
smallmj likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Actually, here is my point: It is possible that some concierges are reading this thread.
OMG - if they are!! --->

---> Hey you - Concierge. Ya, you, the new hire! See that thing over on the desk? It's black, and has buttons? It's a landline. When it rings, here is what you do --- pick it up, and there will be a person there. It might be me. If you do this magical thing, you might be mastering one of the first skills you need to learn on your job. It's called a phone. People try to call you on it. Us. SE's. The folks you are supposed to be trying to help. We call you to try to have you help us with things you are supposed to be able to help us with. Please, pick it up when it rings. Thank you. ITAG
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Concierge helped me out with a cnx flight Sunday. Made request at FRA to concierge to come off AC873 at 1130 am to connect YSB at 1215.
I was scheduled to depart at 1430 .Concierge waiting at gate 74 ,my arrival gate , had new BP for me and we walked to customs. Cleared that in 10 minutes. Down escalator to waiting bus.
Was on flight to YSB in seat by noon, arrived YSB at 1330. Thanks Andrea.
As a side note ,the 1430 flight cancelled, the 1700ish departure delayed until 1800 with arrival at 1900.
I managed to get home with a 5,5 hour time travel saving. Had a few beers at the lake,did some swimming and chatted with Mrs. acysb87 vs MLL at YYZ
bawm and ridefar like this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Concierge saved me 18 hours and an unwanted night in YYZ after a cancelled connection. Automatic rebooking yesterday (weather event in YYZ) put me on a next day flight. Quick trip to a concierge (after they didnt answer the phone) and I was rebooked to same day flight. And even though I was on an M fare FP and the onward connection had no economy space as it was badly oversold I magically got on and kept my upgrade. So somehow it is possible to get into J even if there is no Y capacity. Anyhow great job and much appreciated service from the concierge.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
@ridefar it will be interesting to see your altitude activity in 10 days when it shows up. It is quite possible the concierge actually rebooked you into a higher class. During travel on all AC metal all rules about classes are thrown out the window if a good concierge is involved.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by RangerNS
@ridefar it will be interesting to see your altitude activity in 10 days when it shows up. It is quite possible the concierge actually rebooked you into a higher class. During travel on all AC metal all rules about classes are thrown out the window if a good concierge is involved.
Exactly.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: none
a very interesting thread
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
The Concierge in CDG was totally awesome in May, but I'm thinking she was not a new hire, seemed like very senior staff
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:08 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by james dean
The Concierge in CDG was totally awesome in May, but I'm thinking she was not a new hire, seemed like very senior staff
The one I interacted with last week in CDG seemed to know her stuff and did not resemble a new hire. Friendly too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.