Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I received a call from reservations that my flight YGK-YYZ tomorrow was cancelled.

This was within 24 hours, but I couldn't check in because I'm flying YYZ-YGK-YYZ-SFO tomorrow.

I called the concierge, she tried to oversell a later YGK-YYZ, couldn't, but offered me a VIA train for YGK-YYZ.

I'm waiting for a callback on that, so I don't have a conclusion to this story yet.

I'm a little disappointed that a flight cancellation within 24 hours doesn't trigger a concierge alert. The res agent was useless. "What do you want to do?" etc. I had to ask what my options were, which basically became "Monday". So this was not proactive on the part of the concierge team, but was proactive by AC.

I assume I'll get my UPX fare reimbursed.

Anyone know why 7257 on May 14 was cancelled though? Given how far out it was cancelled, I assume controllable, but what I ask for, and from whom, is going to depend on this. I'll ask when the phone rings, but the res agent didn't know (or wouldn't tell me).

Edit:
Concierge says it was due to runway construction.
I have a VIA package waiting for me in the concierge office, and I'm protected on 759 in case I don't make 739.
I can't remember the last time I had a competent res agent.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I received a call from reservations that my flight YGK-YYZ tomorrow was cancelled.

This was within 24 hours, but I couldn't check in because I'm flying YYZ-YGK-YYZ-SFO tomorrow.

Edit:
Concierge says it was due to runway construction.
I have a VIA package waiting for me in the concierge office, and I'm protected on 759 in case I don't make 739.
You let them push a super elite to a TRAIN? On controllable irrop?

Google flights shows a later ygk-yyz available (but not if you need to connect to sfo Sun night).

What if you book a paid SE guaranteed Y ticket for YGK-YYZ that they refused to overbook you on, then tell the concierge you got yourself a ticket and ask about reimbursement (or adjusting the fare to umm, zero).

Last edited by expert7700; May 13, 2017 at 8:29 pm
Old May 13, 2017, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'd really like to get back tomorrow night

And given my actual schedule tomorrow, the train isn't a big deal.

If there's a train delay, I'll be calling them though.
Old May 13, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I'd really like to get back tomorrow night

And given my actual schedule tomorrow, the train isn't a big deal.

If there's a train delay, I'll be calling them though.
Isn't the flight, at short notice, several $$$ more than the train though?
Old May 14, 2017, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by jc94
Isn't the flight, at short notice, several $$$ more than the train though?
Not that I'm suggesting this gets them out of their obligations, but it was booked with IKK.

The actual monetary cost to me was pretty low.

Think they booked me J on the train?
Old May 14, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Not that I'm suggesting this gets them out of their obligations, but it was booked with IKK.

The actual monetary cost to me was pretty low.

Think they booked me J on the train?
Interesting question, I'd certainly hope so if you booked the main leg in J. I'm assuming YGK to YYZ is a J less Dash.

Of course, the flights like an hour, the train is 2.5 excluding the also J less (but comfortable) UPX.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by jc94
Interesting question, I'd certainly hope so if you booked the main leg in J. I'm assuming YGK to YYZ is a J less Dash.

Of course, the flights like an hour, the train is 2.5 excluding the also J less (but comfortable) UPX.
They "couldn't" do J because YGK-YYZ is all Y. I even asked at the train station and he said "Kingston to Toronto doesn't have business class on AC, so it's always economy."

But yes, exactly. An hour, fine. But this is turning into like 3-3.5 hours.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:04 pm

Sarah has been replaced with Jay at SFO.

They really go over the top here.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Earlier this past week I was massively delayed due to storms in the GTA on an inbound flight from YOW, connecting to an AC flight to Europe. I contacted the concierge and arrived with about 20min before the scheduled departure time of the connecting flight.

The concierge picked me up in a new executive BMW 7 series (they said AC bought 4 new ones for YYZ) and drove me to my international gate, brought me up the plane, gave me a small gift from BMW as a thank you, and I was the last to board before the door was closed. All-in-all very impressive service and perfectly flawless. The car was waiting with a driver and the trunk open as soon as I arrived.
Dolphin2 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AC E75K
Sarah has been replaced with Jay at SFO.

They really go over the top here.
The Concierge team here is fantastic. Luis seems to handle my file most of the time, and he's great! ^
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Earlier this past week I was massively delayed due to storms in the GTA on an inbound flight from YOW, connecting to an AC flight to Europe. I contacted the concierge and arrived with about 20min before the scheduled departure time of the connecting flight.

The concierge picked me up in a new executive BMW 7 series (they said AC bought 4 new ones for YYZ) and drove me to my international gate, brought me up the plane, gave me a small gift from BMW as a thank you, and I was the last to board before the door was closed. All-in-all very impressive service and perfectly flawless. The car was waiting with a driver and the trunk open as soon as I arrived.
That's awesome! I could have used such a service on my delayed inbound FRA with an onward connection to SFO. Though I guess they probably don't have any plans for rolling it out for connections that require going through customs and reclearing security.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
This is the thing with AC. Some areas they knock it out of the park, other areas are average and others...........well let's just say sub-par.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
In today's Altitude Report email:

Mumbai and Taipei now offer airport concierge service

Altitude Super Elite® 100K members travelling to and from Mumbai and Taipei now have access to Air Canada Concierge right at the airport. Also, take advantage of our personalized 24/7 Concierge Desk service for your travel needs.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:07 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
But out of date, that "news". I flew TPE-YVR on July 11th and a concierge tracked me down on the plane. Not much use, since I was already in my seat, but she apologized for not having seen me before and let me know they were there if I needed anything on future trips to TPE.

Last Altitude Report was July 20th...
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I thought BOM had concierges for awhile now. But I'm probably thinking of DEL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.