Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MLL lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I have just recently (yesterday!) learned that *G can use any *A lounge on arrival. I can't find that as a published benefit but was told that by a concierge.

Long story short - yes, you can use the FRA MLL on arrival. I have never showered there so can't offer a data point but can tell you the showers in the Senator lounges are quite nice in FRA.
Really? Is this new? I tried to use the Lufthansa lounge on arrival and they said no.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by RoxyMountain
Really? Is this new? I tried to use the Lufthansa lounge on arrival and they said no.
I am only quoting what an AC employee told me. I could certainly be wrong.

I can say for certain that MLLs can be used on arrival by Elite50 and up.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
I am only quoting what an AC employee told me. I could certainly be wrong.

I can say for certain that MLLs can be used on arrival by Elite50 and up.
I think that is for domestic arrivals only.

I do use the FRA MLL as a connecting lounge when arriving from YYZ/YYC and continuing on into Europe.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG, etc., NEXUS, GOES
Long story short - yes, you can use the FRA MLL on arrival. I have never showered there so can't offer a data point but can tell you the showers in the Senator lounges are quite nice in FRA.
I've used the showers which are fine give or take the lack of labels on the faucets. Will try to get in and report back.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There is a pay-lounge landside. It takes Priority Pass, but they charge an extra €5 for shower access.

Obviously a free lounge is better, but this one is certainly an option.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:32 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by RoxyMountain
If you mean the Lufthansa Welcome Lounge (landslide), unless you are M&M HON Circle it is only available for those arriving on UA an LH flights.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:51 am

No dice

I went to the Frankfurt MLL and was just turned away politely but firmly, and advised that AC has no arrivals lounge, so no onward flight, no admission.
The 6€ pay showers elsewhere in the airport are OK but nowhere near as nice.

Last edited by jrlevine; Apr 10, 2019 at 7:46 am Reason: update
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by briantoronto

If you mean the Lufthansa Welcome Lounge (landslide), unless you are M&M HON Circle it is only available for those arriving on UA an LH flights.
I think I was a bit confused. The poster was referring to the Maple Leaf Lounge and I was referring to the Airside Lufthansa lounge. My bad.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:47 am

I have just recently (yesterday!) learned that *G can use any *A lounge on arrival. I can't find that as a published benefit but was told that by a concierge.

Unfortunately you were misinformed. See my recent message.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jrlevine
Unfortunately you were misinformed. See my recent message.
Mea Culpa.

They must have been referring only to DOM lounges - perhaps TB also.

I wonder why this isn't a perk offered to SEs. I'm aware it is a bonus we have for the LHR lounge but it would be nice if it could be extended to all INTL lounges.

In any case, I apologize for steering you wrong.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:59 am

At Frankfurt there is a Lufthansa arrivals lounge for flyers with status. United passengers can use it, so it's clearly just a question of money,
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Motel 6, LLO Titanium
FRA Lounge available to me???

Hi, so I cannot figure this out. Coming from YYZ to FRA on award ticket in Business Class booked via ANA, then onto BER with LH in kettle class. All on same ticket---I do not have any status. I know there is no arrivals lounge, but is there a lounge that I can get in still having a connecting flight???? Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mosaic
Hi, so I cannot figure this out. Coming from YYZ to FRA on award ticket in Business Class booked via ANA, then onto BER with LH in kettle class. All on same ticket---I do not have any status. I know there is no arrivals lounge, but is there a lounge that I can get in still having a connecting flight???? Thanks.
International MLLs allow admittance based on status (50K+, Star Alliance Gold, or Business class) for the onward* travel.

*Exceptions are domestic MLLs for E50K+.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
International MLLs allow admittance based on status (50K+, Star Alliance Gold, or Business class) for the onward* travel.

*Exceptions are domestic MLLs for E50K+.
Not going to help this person though. They'd need to clear back in to the B pier to access the MLL which they don't have a BP for - their only option would be the LH lounge in the A pier which is not going to let them in with a AC business class BP from the YYZ-FRA flight (unless they also happen to be *G).
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Not going to help this person though. They'd need to clear back in to the B pier to access the MLL which they don't have a BP for - their only option would be the LH lounge in the A pier which is not going to let them in with a AC business class BP from the YYZ-FRA flight (unless they also happen to be *G).
I recently went from Z to A to B to Z to B without a BP. I did not have to show any documentation at any point on that trek, though I did need to clear security.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.