Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying on Christmas day

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, PC-Platinum Royal Ambassador, DL-Silver, HH-Gold, Marriott-Gold
Flying on Christmas day

I like to how many FT participants are flying in Christmas day?
I'm flying today and sitting in YYC MLL a ghost town
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by eman384
I like to how many FT participants are flying in Christmas day?
I'm flying today and sitting in YYC MLL a ghost town
Merry Christmas to you. Just think you might have been snowed-in like some folks other years, and then nowhere to lay down as planes are canceled or diverted. So at least your plane will leave on time and you will be at your destination as scheduled. You will have something to talk about with the folks you going to. And have a Happy New Year.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:45 pm

I've flown YEG-YVR several times on Christmas days on both AC and WS. Flights were always full. Assume flights from YYC would be similar. Not sure how the fact that Christmas falls on a Sunday will affect things.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Finnair Plus, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
I flew last year on Christmas Day YVR-FRA-VIE. YVR was a ghost town, though the MLL ended up getting quite packed, as all the Euro flights ended up being delayed, and the -FRA flight was sold out to make up for a canceled flight a day or two prior.

This year I am flying to Vienna, but SEA-YYZ-FRA-VIE. My flight out of Seattle tomorrow morning looks about half full in Y, and empty in J. I haven't been able to check in yet though, cause it won't be 24 hours out for my last flight for another 3 hours (5.5 hours before my first flight).

As someone who does not celebrate Christmas, I find flying on December 25th to be a great use of the day!
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Anyone going to give candy/chocolates to the crew on Christmas day? Wondering if I should give the crew something on my flight ...
Old Dec 25, 2011, 1:14 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Anyone going to give candy/chocolates to the crew on Christmas day? Wondering if I should give the crew something on my flight ...
Around this time of year I tend to... last time I did it the SD was profusely thankful although I'm pretty sure they ended up in his carryon.. but he was still really quite happy
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:23 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
In the ZRH F lounge and I'm shocked how many people there are. There's more than the last time I was here. The airport is also very crowded, although the city was pretty deserted. First time flying on Christmas day for me. LX F was swapped from A330 to A343 - pretty unhappy, the Grinch made his rounds this year.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:41 am

I'm off to MIA!
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:56 am

Sitting in the United Club in SFO right now (classy to have it open) after taking UA6421 ex-YEG this morning with the boy on our way to PSP. Mom is on the WestJet non-stop ex-YEG this morning, too.

YEG transborder was as busy as I have ever seen it. Plane was full.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
At the YYZ MLL now.... and there are people here still making business phone calls.... for gods sakes its christmas! But far more quiet in here today. Flight to YUL only has 2 people ip front afaik.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by jlisi984
In the ZRH F lounge and I'm shocked how many people there are. There's more than the last time I was here. The airport is also very crowded, although the city was pretty deserted. First time flying on Christmas day for me. LX F was swapped from A330 to A343 - pretty unhappy, the Grinch made his rounds this year.
I hope u didnt leave a mess! i m on that plane tonight!
Old Dec 25, 2011, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
My dad was on the 10:55 YYZ-FLL this morning, and he said it was packed. Not so surprised to hear that on that flight - what did surprise me was that when I looked up the status by origin/destination, there were 4 N/S flights today (2 320s and 2 321s), as well as 2 from YUL, and 1 from YOW. While in the past, I remember AC doing 2 YYZ-FLL flights, and maybe 3 on the occasional busy day, and once in a while throwing a 767 on there, I don't ever remember seeing 4 flights. If AC is filling them, good for them.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
I've noticed some YUL-ZRH have changed from 333 to 343. I'm caught in this next week. Why were you frustrated? Aren't J/F seats same on the aircraft now?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Sitting at the "lovely" KF Gold lounge at SIN T3 on Boxing Day... had a nice Christmas weekend in SIN, heading back to HKG. No flying on Christmas Day for me this year, too busy eating and shopping for that.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
I've noticed some YUL-ZRH have changed from 333 to 343. I'm caught in this next week. Why were you frustrated? Aren't J/F seats same on the aircraft now?
J is the same, F is old still. No projections to change that. Was alone in F though! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.