Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: LHR AC Arrivals & *A lounge options

FAQ: LHR AC Arrivals & *A lounge options

Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:45 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I'll look into the *G option with Amex AE Plat, but I think I'll be heading towards to Priority Pass lounge in T1. Not sure why SAA is out of T1. I'll get into T3 on the way back though.

Any experiences on how stringent they are at the 3 hour rule?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Afta-Noon
Thanks for the replies.

I'll look into the *G option with Amex AE Plat, but I think I'll be heading towards to Priority Pass lounge in T1. Not sure why SAA is out of T1. I'll get into T3 on the way back though.

Any experiences on how stringent they are at the 3 hour rule?
If you are *G and departing on SAA from T1, then you will have access to the *A lounge. If you are traveling C/J, you will also have access. Otherwise, not.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
As a *G flying SAA you can technically also access the BD lounge. I prefer it as it has a lovely view of the Runway, comfy seats and can be less crowed. *G lounge as great too though.

The Priority Pass Lounge is nothing special and it closes early, not sure when your flight departs but they can kick you out at 9pm.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by seegs
As a *G flying SAA you can technically also access the BD lounge. I prefer it as it has a lovely view of the Runway, comfy seats and can be less crowed. *G lounge as great too though.

The Priority Pass Lounge is nothing special and it closes early, not sure when your flight departs but they can kick you out at 9pm.

Yes the BD lounge at T1 is a nice one. A long walk from the rest of the gates.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
LHR & Lounges

Sorry folks I know this has been asked and I cant find the thread. I have to fly LIS-LHR-YOW in a couple of weeks and have not flown into LHR EVER as I am not a fan of the airport. I know all about the MLL, but cant seem to find any Star Alliance lounges on the LHR website? Is there and *A lounges in terminal 3? I fly in on TAP T1 and then of course fly out on AC T3.

Any guidance would be much appreciated
Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Sorry folks I know this has been asked and I cant find the thread. I have to fly LIS-LHR-YOW in a couple of weeks and have not flown into LHR EVER as I am not a fan of the airport. I know all about the MLL, but cant seem to find any Star Alliance lounges on the LHR website? Is there and *A lounges in terminal 3? I fly in on TAP T1 and then of course fly out on AC T3.

Any guidance would be much appreciated
There are 2 lounges in T3 - AC arrival lounge has excellent shower facilities and good breakfast. You must go through Immigration and Customs to get in. SAS and AC are the principal *A partners for the lounge in T3. It is on the departure floor. The food is tolerable. The shower is usually under maintenance! *A lounge in TI is excellent - good food, shower, Wi-Fi. Good Luck.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
The arrivals lounge is only available to incoming AC metal passengers.

Anyways you would not want to go streetside, so go direct to T3 (follow "Flight Connections") and enjoy the showers/food/wifi etc at the shared AC lounge. Personally I have a soft spot for the salt & pepper crackers and the taramasalata/salsa.

An alternative is the Singapore lounge which I have found more cramped, but others report better food choices. You could try both if you have time.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:00 pm

The SQ lounge is my preferred one as well, less busy usually and has shower facilities.....not to mention scones and clotted creme....
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amerh
The SQ lounge is my preferred one as well, less busy usually and has shower facilities.....not to mention scones and clotted creme....
Both the arrival lounge and the London lounge have showers.

BTW usually out of LHR AC has clotted cream. Not sure I care for it BTW.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Stranger
BTW usually out of LHR AC has clotted cream. Not sure I care for it BTW.
It is so good! Tesco carries clotted cream vanilla ice cream, it is to die for!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by amerh
If your YOW flight departure is around noon, the SQ lounge tend to be a lot quieter and having fewer people than the SAS/AC lounge. Find the AC lounge, turn left and walk about 150ft and you'll see the SQ lounge.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Well this helps as I did not know there was a SQ lounge there, the LHR map does not show it. So I can access the AC lounge even if I am departing? I have four hours to kill so I do want to enjoy the lounge and with wifi my twelve year old will be quiet playing on-line.

Thanks everyone for your feedback ^
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
...have not flown into LHR EVER as I am not a fan of the airport.

Anyway, forget the arrivals lounge.

You have a choice of SQ and AC/SA.

There is no general consensus on which lounge is better. Why not try both?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by zorn

Anyway, forget the arrivals lounge.

You have a choice of SQ and AC/SA.

There is no general consensus on which lounge is better. Why not try both?
Yes I think I will split my time between both!

Ok, I am not a fan because of the high taxes and because I try and max my point earnings by flying over and going to FRA/MUC and then backtrack to LIS/MAD. LHR most time cost more and I get less points, that is why I have always skipped LHR. As I have the family with me this time, and they are less adventurous than me, as my wife freely admits she wants to enjoy the benefits I earn, but not work for them, we are taking the faster route home!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:22 pm

http://www.staralliance.com/assets/d...ps/LHR_map.pdf

clearly shows the SQ lounge, near gate 5.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.