Wiki Posts
Search

upgrade waitlist

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E35
upgrade waitlist

Is it possible to call Air Canada and check to see how many people are on the upgrade waitlist if its R0/J>1 ?
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
You can try.....
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I have never been able to get a phone agent to give this info. Sometimes the airport will tell you where you are but even that's a rarity.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

What do you guys think about lax-YVR dec 18 ac557
j3r0. Any chance?? Back is full including the elite section. I'm thinking of doing a MR to get an extra 10 threshold credits for next year but I would rather travel J if I'm paying expensive Christmas prices.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by highlander88
What do you guys think about lax-YVR dec 18 ac557
j3r0. Any chance?? Back is full including the elite section. I'm thinking of doing a MR to get an extra 10 threshold credits for next year but I would rather travel J if I'm paying expensive Christmas prices.
what will your status level be for next year?

If it's P again, then I'd say NO WAY, but that's just me
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
what will your status level be for next year?

If it's P again, then I'd say NO WAY, but that's just me
oh fail sorry I haven't changed my status on my account.

i (unexpectedly) qualified for Elite this year, and it would be the 40k threshold.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:48 pm

I guess it all depends on how much this run will cost you. Since any thresholds crossed now (and for the last little bit) give credits valid till Feb 2013, it may be worth it for you..... cost is the big factor.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I guess it all depends on how much this run will cost you. Since any thresholds crossed now (and for the last little bit) give credits valid till Feb 2013, it may be worth it for you..... cost is the big factor.
yeah i'm not sure it is really. it's gonna run slightly north of $500. if I could be guaranteed J all the way, then I would take it as a treat day trip, but right now there is only R on the way down, and J3R0 on the way back up. Those chances don't seem too great...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.