Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 2012 Benefits Announced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
It looks like *P no longer get 1500 Bonus Air Canada Status Miles in the selection bundle 1, only 1500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles. Gee, did too many P's & E's just get over the threshold by 1500-2000 miles?

I also get the new "minus" logo when I log in. I'm able to select my priviledges, but I didn't dare continue to see how far I can go without locking in my choices.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ

I am already border line making 35k for next year (well due to the reward RTW trip) If it is as everybody suggested/guessed they up E requirement to 50k, then I will very likely jump ship. (And perhaps that's what AP wants, one less member, another cost reduction)

I will also leave AP if 2013 makes 50,000 status miles for Elite.
Not worth it.
2012, I will just go for the 20,000 A3 Gold and another alliance.
Still feels like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
super secret squirrel status... (SSSS )

I made SE months and months ago, yet my 2012 benefits page shows the standard:
You'll soon be invited to choose your Select Privileges for 2012

As you may achieve another Air Canada Top Tier status for 2012, you can't choose your Select Privileges for now but you will receive an e-mail inviting you to do so in early January. While we complete all crediting of Air Canada status flights flown in 2011, please ensure your 2011 Air Canada status flights have all been credited to your Aeroplan account and that your Aeroplan profile contains a valid e-mail address.
Whats after SE? can't be VIP, we've already established they get less
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: CX Gold,DL Gold, AC E, Fairmont Platinum, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Thumbs down

For Es, set 2 is 2000 AP miles? Not status miles? How is that a frigging benefit? The car rentals I do earn almost double that...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by travelblond
I will also leave AP if 2013 makes 50,000 status miles for Elite.
Not worth it.
2012, I will just go for the 20,000 A3 Gold and another alliance.
Still feels like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop...
Methinks I will sign up for A3 right now, just in case... Unless they also "enhance" their program
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: Accor, Diamond
hmm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
I still find it unfair. Elites get 35 eUpgrades for flying 35K, so Super Elites should get 100 for flying 100K. That would make sense.
Nature and life are non-linear, get use to it
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
I'm a new P for 2012. The aeroplan.com screen says I have 25 segments, just under 24,000 miles. I'm far over the minimum Air Canada requirements; all but six segments were on AC or Jazz. However, when I click on "Top Tier" it says I don't yet qualify. Is this a problem or is it just a matter of waiting for the next Air Canada sweep to verify my eligibility?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
I stand corrected. I thought it was just 15 ecredits but the 2011 details are now gone.
You mean this? -> http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...eupgrades.html

IIRC the chart is still looks the same, except they changed to the minus sign banner.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by travelblond
Note that those 1,500 status miles are for the total of status miles and not listed as part of the required 10,000 AC metal status miles.
No, the second set of options are for redeemable miles only and these are not Status Miles, unlike those in the first set of options. Thus they are not worth very much unless you're desperate for redeemable miles.

Surprised no one complained about Nominees and how it will impact upgrading their family.

But then again, I wasnt surprised they would tighten the numbers up, after we started a thread discussing how to share? give away? sell them?

i wonder what happens after 360,000 miles? You fall off the program?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by kyvr
For Es, set 2 is 2000 AP miles? Not status miles? How is that a frigging benefit? The car rentals I do earn almost double that...
this is a pretty feeble and easy give by AC. sadly, not likely a typo.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:07 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Omnious changes to the 2013 program.

I would expect a change to 50k for Star Gold, even though AC is not price competitive with EQM's through travel or credit card spend with USA carriers. I figure that their flight price points are not competitive on many routes so why should their FFP be?!? (Laughing).

I also suspect that it may have been coming this year, but due to a number of factors, they postponed the changes. Perhaps this was due to lessened spend on the part of some frequent flyers like me (more laughing). I went out of my way to spend elsewhere as I am sure many of you did so perhaps they are seeing if there is any bounceback. .

Who knows, they can always adjust the value proposition when 2013 actually arrives to meet their needs.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I still find it unfair. Elites get 35 eUpgrades for flying 35K, so Super Elites should get 100 for flying 100K. That would make sense.
SEs still get more upgrades at each 20K. Last year Elites lost a significant number of upgrades relative to SEs when they had to select either upgrades or bonus miles. Once more must stress that E is primarily intended for those who don't fly much overseas and thus must fly many flights to make up the same mileage that overseas regulars pick up on a single Canada-China flight. SEs have it pretty good and there should be no expectations that upgrades with credits should be available for every flight one takes. It is also exceedingly likely that SEs have their travel paid for by corporations (or reimbursed under contract with an engager) that can well afford to purchase full or discounted J for these folks and thus lessen their need for eUpgrade credits.

Glad that they'll announce changes for 2013 this month. That should be the standard before you fly a year and get dissapointed with changes to the status programme. ^ It leaves you with the option to move your flying to another FF programme. Hopefully won't have to, though.
All the other major programs had announced their changes months ago. AC is the last among them to reveal the details. Mid-December has been the norm for AC since the selection options have been available, before that late November early December for any major changes like qualification mileage for tiers, earnings of various fares, etc.

Last edited by Shareholder; Dec 16, 2011 at 9:22 am
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhotoJim
I'm a new P for 2012. The aeroplan.com screen says I have 25 segments, just under 24,000 miles. I'm far over the minimum Air Canada requirements; all but six segments were on AC or Jazz. However, when I click on "Top Tier" it says I don't yet qualify. Is this a problem or is it just a matter of waiting for the next Air Canada sweep to verify my eligibility?
When did you get your 25th segment. Sweep would have been first week of December to get the first batch of qualifiers.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by YYZC2
RE: the 15K bonus for flying 150K status miles... didn't that used to be 25K? I earned it once...
Yes, it was 25K miles before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.