Wiki Posts
Search

Where did the Priority people go?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2011, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: E50K
Where did the Priority people go?

There have been several references lately to the high number of people who rush up when they call for Priority boarding, and how some planes are half full of Es and SEs. So, on the 1 p.m. YYJ-YVR flight on Saturday, I decided to hang back and watch. When the call came, not one person stepped forward. Zero. When they announced general boarding, everyone got up and into line. So I'd say Saturday afternoon commuter runs don't draw the serious flyers.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Originally Posted by DaveObee
There have been several references lately to the high number of people who rush up when they call for Priority boarding, and how some planes are half full of Es and SEs. So, on the 1 p.m. YYJ-YVR flight on Saturday, I decided to hang back and watch. When the call came, not one person stepped forward. Zero. When they announced general boarding, everyone got up and into line. So I'd say Saturday afternoon commuter runs don't draw the serious flyers.
thats not a great route to use as an example for a high status pax flight.
besides i only do yyj-yvr on the weekdays
Old Dec 11, 2011, 6:40 pm

yeah, horrible example.

Business travelers usualy fly sunday-monday and thursday-friday. Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday are bad days to compare. Also depends on the route...

YYC-YYZ/YOW
YEG-YYZ/YOW
YYZ-YUL/YOW (Or either reverse)
YYZ/YOW/YUL/-YHZ
YYT-YHZ/YYZ

etc.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
yeah, horrible example.

Business travelers usualy fly sunday-monday and thursday-friday. Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday are bad days to compare. Also depends on the route...

YYC-YYZ/YOW
YEG-YYZ/YOW
YYZ-YUL/YOW (Or either reverse)
YYZ/YOW/YUL/-YHZ
YYT-YHZ/YYZ

etc.
This.

YYC-YYZ and YVR-YYZ are generally nuts for priority boarding and upgrades; I haven't seen a seat free in J on a single flight this year.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:01 pm

Move to YOW, 50-75% of people on YOW flights are E/SE.... J is almost always full (of governement ******)
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan ,Starwood,Priority Club,Amex Platinum,Airmiles,CIBC Gold
Originally Posted by hearna
Move to YOW, 50-75% of people on YOW flights are E/SE.... J is almost always full (of governement ******)
Yup,traveling on our dime!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
If you pay a lot of attention. You'll notice a lot of the time the people have no status and just want to rush general boarding. Its rare that I see a gate attendant turn someone back as they didn't have status etc.

I flew back from Florida (MCO) this weekend. Might not be any business travellers, but when they say all those with young children may board.... 3/4 of the plane filled up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.