FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Where is the new Top Tier Annoucement (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1289138-where-new-top-tier-annoucement.html)

100,000miler Dec 8, 2011 4:07 pm

Where is the new Top Tier Annoucement

No news yet and it is getting late. I believe AC had hinted it would be out in November. It is now Dec 8th and still ziltch. It is usually out around this time.

greenlotus Dec 8, 2011 4:12 pm

They want to wait for the most opportune time to announce (enhancements) their idea of cutbacks.

InTheAirGuy Dec 8, 2011 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by 100,000miler (Post 17591965)
No news yet and it is getting late. I believe AC had hinted it would be out in November. It is now Dec 8th and still ziltch. It is usually out around this time.

You didn't see the announcement? It just came out. In a nutshell, what it said was that they are getting rid of the concept of "top-tier." Why:
  • top tier does not fit within the new LCC model
  • top tier status would cut cash out of executive compensation
  • the fuel surcharge made the top-tier simply unworkable
  • all the work to set R=0 was just too much of a hassle so we took away
  • our deep research shows that top-tier customers just complain too much so it was just easier to make them go away

This year, we all (P)easants.

airbus320 Dec 8, 2011 4:51 pm

They can't find anyone to announce the program on FT this year. ;)

InTheAirGuy Dec 8, 2011 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by airbus320 (Post 17592201)

Exactly. The folks who deal with the customers cost the Company a lot of money. They let them go!

(Sorry to hijack the OP thread; I think the answer will be it will be announced when it is announced.)

yscleo Dec 8, 2011 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy (Post 17592326)
I think the answer will be it will be announced when it is announced.

You hit the nail on the head.:p

colinary Dec 8, 2011 6:34 pm

enhancements for all............!

NAJetSet Dec 8, 2011 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by airbus320 (Post 17592201)

This person will be akin to the 'expendable' Ensign in every away-crew in Star Trek.

Come on! Who's gonna take a bullet for the team?

Stranger Dec 8, 2011 7:09 pm

Didn't the letter say that they would announce "in December or January?"

Anyway, my bet is on no major changes. At least for SEs.

Sopwith Dec 8, 2011 7:48 pm

Physicists have recently discovered that the expansion of the universe is accelerating, and the Aeroplan/Top Tier program is in the same state: free- falling and gaining speed. I wouldn't want to be the one to push the SEND button either.

Maybe we could all pool our points, use them to buy AMR, and then run it as a real airline. :D

yscleo Dec 8, 2011 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Sopwith (Post 17592972)
Maybe we could all pool our points, use them to buy AMR, and then run it as a real airline. :D

Didn't you hear a quick way to get $1B is to invest $10B in an airline. You'll get to $1B real fast.

yscleo Dec 8, 2011 8:38 pm

delete.

ac777 Dec 8, 2011 8:57 pm

Top Tier announcements cost AC money as FFers tend to go over to the competition--so AC will not reveal it at all--it will be on a need to know basis.

bcnfish Dec 8, 2011 9:55 pm

They already made the announcement last Friday. SE and E can redeem F for cost of J, and J for Y. Great enhancement, adds good value to the program.

NAJetSet Dec 8, 2011 10:10 pm

Well its been exactly one year less 3 minutes since we first learnt about the 2011 enhancements.

The refresh button is getting warm!