Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Cruban
They better give me more than 1000 crappy miles if they're cancelling my honeymoon trip.....
1000 Airmiles would be equivalent to 15,000 AP miles; I won't object if they give me that for booking a mistake fare.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Thanks for the heads up. I just booked a nice trip for next June. Sure, they might discover the error, but what's the worst that can happen? They cancel my booking and refund everything, which means I'm no worse off than had I not booked it.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by YukonYXY
Not to be a party pooper but people are aware that it is at least a possibility that AP will not honour bookings made at these rates right? I mean I would definitely make a booking if I didn't have a mini-RTW for next year booked already, but you should at least be aware that it's possible they may come looking for the remaining miles / cancel the booking on you...
We'll see. A reasonable person could believe this to be a sale/promotion, it's not as if the # of miles required is so low as to obviously be a mistake. At least, that's what I'll tell the judge :-)

It will be interesting to see how the AC-AE dysfunctional relationship affects this as well, I foresee lots of finger-pointing in each other's direction...

Cheers
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
We'll see. A reasonable person could believe this to be a sale/promotion, it's not as if the # of miles required is so low as to obviously be a mistake. At least, that's what I'll tell the judge :-)

It will be interesting to see how the AC-AE dysfunctional relationship affects this as well, I foresee lots of finger-pointing in each other's direction...

Cheers
AC will smile at AP as they send them the same bill they would have if AP didn't F-Up the number of miles required.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by YukonYXY
Not to be a party pooper but people are aware that it is at least a possibility that AP will not honour bookings made at these rates right? I mean I would definitely make a booking if I didn't have a mini-RTW for next year booked already, but you should at least be aware that it's possible they may come looking for the remaining miles / cancel the booking on you...
They cancel my booking, they have to refund my money + miles....
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
searched around, couldn't find anything useful... oh well. I think it's fixed now
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Cruban
They better give me more than 1000 crappy miles if they're cancelling my honeymoon trip.....
If it's your honeymoon trip you should be able & willing to pay up the difference.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by beepyou
searched around, couldn't find anything useful... oh well. I think it's fixed now
I couldn't book anything too.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:40 pm

still down
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Same route still coming up for me. Maybe its just that reward seats are running out....
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by jlisi984
If it's your honeymoon trip you should be able & willing to pay up the difference.
willing, yes, wanting, no.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rehoult
1000 Airmiles would be equivalent to 15,000 AP miles; I won't object if they give me that for booking a mistake fare.
Infact 15K AP is better as 25K AP can get YVR-YUL while the same route requires more than 3K AM....
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by killuminati
On a lot of routes i'm getting "the requested itin is not available"

Anyone else having this problem? I can get through to payment for direct flights, but anything with a connection it won't allow me to book.
I am getting this as well. I think it is when I try choosing LX flights.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, US dividend
Originally Posted by SensFan
I am getting this as well. I think it is when I try choosing LX flights.
Try for some other dates, it showed me the same, but after a couple of tries i was able to get nrt-zrh in C.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by muj334
Try for some other dates, it showed me the same, but after a couple of tries i was able to get nrt-zrh in C.
i found quite a number of LX ZRH-YUL and ZRH-EWR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.