Wiki Posts
Search

Showers in NRT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Showers in NRT

In about 2 weeks, on Nov 30 I'm flying "Y" on AC 1 from YYZ to NRT. I have about a 2 1/2 hour layover before my flight to BKK on AC 6261 (codeshare Air Japan). I've been through NRT a few times but not enough to know it that well. I'm hoping someone can give me an idea where to go to rent a shower - assuming the arrival is on schedule and I have enough time for it.

I have an Aeroplat Amex but I understand that wont get me lounge access without paying a fee and I don't think I have enough time to make it worthwhile. My TD Travel Elite got me lounge access in YUL recently but I don't think it helps in NRT either, does it?

After recent events I wish I'd used my points for a business ticket but I bought this months ago at a good price so it seemed like a good idea at the time. When I checked I couldn't use points to buy an upgrade, and I read on here it wont be available on my booking class - so I guess I'm stuck in "Y".

Any shower tips appreciated.

T.I.A.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
There is a public shower facility at NRT, there should be signs to it, if not just look it up on the terminal map after you go through transit security. The showers are very basic compared to the RCC or NH lounges but it costs only the equivalent of a few bucks. Alternately, RCC is $39 with an online one-time pass; their showers are nice and have full amenities (more than you'd find in a US RCC) but it's not really worth it imo.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I have used the shower facility in NRT before I got my Gold status. Please see this link below.

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guid...st/svc_37.html
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Yikes, and I've seen they've raised the prices too! Still not expensive enough to even considering buying a lounge pass though.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Wow..it was like 525 yen or something two years ago...but yeah I would still use it..the one in T2 are better. To bad * is T1
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:32 pm
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
How does the TD Travel Elite get you lounge access anywhere?

How does the TD Travel Elite get you lounge access for free anywhere? Are you referring to the priority pass discount?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:53 pm

The "TD First Class" lounge is in the international departure side of YUL. You can get in with your TD First Class Visa and other premium TD credit cards. I did not know about this either as I have the TD First Class card as it is not printed in the literature but it is a benefit. I called TD several weeks ago to confirm it. Only cardholder gets in free, additional guests have to pay.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I have used the shower facility in NRT before I got my Gold status. Please see this link below.

Solid facility and decent prices really. The OP will have lots of time assuming they arrive on time. Japanese facilities are always clean and well kept. The prices might have increased but they are still pretty cheap.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer206
The "TD First Class" lounge is in the international departure side of YUL. You can get in with your TD First Class Visa and other premium TD credit cards. I did not know about this either as I have the TD First Class card as it is not printed in the literature but it is a benefit. I called TD several weeks ago to confirm it. Only cardholder gets in free, additional guests have to pay.
I didn't know until I was in YUL about 6 weeks ago (I think). I asked at the counter and was told "yes" I could get in with it. I was with friend and she said I was allowed one guest - so we both got in free. I can't comment on the official policy, but we got in.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64

Great, thanks! As long as I'm on time it's worth it IMHO. I just read a thread about AC1 cancelled on Dec 2 (2 days after my flight) and there were lots of comments about light loads on some of these flights. Now I'm really hoping it's light on my trip.

I'm not sure where to check - but if someone has the ability can they let me know?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tryinginvain
Great, thanks! As long as I'm on time it's worth it IMHO. I just read a thread about AC1 cancelled on Dec 2 (2 days after my flight) and there were lots of comments about light loads on some of these flights. Now I'm really hoping it's light on my trip.

I'm not sure where to check - but if someone has the ability can they let me know?
They are still trying to fill up both the front and the back cabins. So light load would mean lots of space for you in Y??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.