Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Converting Aeroplan to AA & BA via RBC Avion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Converting Aeroplan to AA & BA via RBC Avion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:53 pm

Would you know where one can locate his esso extra member number from essoextra website?
I can't get it and I'd need it for points.com

If unknown, I'll just send them a request.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
It works as described. There's no point in waiting to start the conversion to RBC points. The bonuses refer to the semi-regular promotions for converting from RBC points to BA or AA miles. If you wait for one of these to appear, your Aeroplan to BA/AA conversion ratio will be somewhere around 1:1 (slightly more for BA, slightly less for AA, depending of course on the promotion).
Did not know the conversion can be close to 1:1 from Aeroplan to BA. How about from BA to Aeroplan?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:41 pm

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
I'm so so so so glad I read this thread!!!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
Originally Posted by plsavaria
Would you know where one can locate his esso extra member number from essoextra website?
I can't get it and I'd need it for points.com

If unknown, I'll just send them a request.
1. Log in to essoextra.com.
2. Under "manage your account", click on "transfer points to your new card".
3. There you go.

"You are currently logged in with Esso Extra card number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.essoextra.com/pages/tran..._new_card.aspx
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by roubaolic
1. Log in to essoextra.com.
2. Under "manage your account", click on "transfer points to your new card".
3. There you go.

"You are currently logged in with Esso Extra card number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
How about from BA to Aeroplan?
Not worth investigating.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:55 pm

I am SO ANNOYED right now.

I have 2 tickets reserved with AA. My reservation expires on Sunday night.

I transferred 140,000 RBC points to AA on the 22nd. Tonight, I learned they "cancelled" the transfer. I called them about it and they have no idea why it was cancelled... HUH!? They put the transfer back in the system .. great.

I then tried to transfer 56,000 Esso => RBC and got the "you do not have enough purchase points" error. WHHHHHHHHHAT. I called THREE TIMES on Thursday to confirm this. I was told twice "you DO NOT have to worry about that"

This is a total disaster. I'm so pissed. These corporations are a total cluster.

I hope AA will extend my hold considering the situation.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:45 pm

If you're desperate, you can buy non-Esso giftcards to get enough purchase points, it's just Esso gift cards which don't count.

I just so happened to have someone in the household who shops a lot at the Home Depot, so I picked up $250 worth of gift cards. Can't wait to transfer these Aeropesos to AA and get me some CX F seats in the future!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by YQLflyer
The only thing I have found out (after the fact) that you can only move 100K of Aeroplan points each calendar year through points.com website.
I really got excited when I first saw this thread, then I saw the 100K/yr transfer limit. I don't feel like spending decades transferring points, but now that I've seen that there are ways to get a decent exchange for the aeropesso I'll keep on checking.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I got the same error message the first time I tried to convert esso points to rbc but the problem resolved itself after a few days. Therefore I think you may need to wait a few days for the system to recognize the fact that your esso extra account is eligible to transfer.
Originally Posted by bennyblanco
I am SO ANNOYED right now.

I have 2 tickets reserved with AA. My reservation expires on Sunday night.

I transferred 140,000 RBC points to AA on the 22nd. Tonight, I learned they "cancelled" the transfer. I called them about it and they have no idea why it was cancelled... HUH!? They put the transfer back in the system .. great.

I then tried to transfer 56,000 Esso => RBC and got the "you do not have enough purchase points" error. WHHHHHHHHHAT. I called THREE TIMES on Thursday to confirm this. I was told twice "you DO NOT have to worry about that"

This is a total disaster. I'm so pissed. These corporations are a total cluster.

I hope AA will extend my hold considering the situation.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:55 am

Well.. spoke to AA and they cannot hold my reservation any longer. So there go my 2 x F seats. Awesome. Thanks Royal Bank & Esso.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:48 pm

Looks like I also not have enough eligible purchase points to transfer from Esso Extra to RBC.

I'll try to have that waived by calling them. Worst case, I guess I'll buy some esso gas gift cards...
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:30 pm

Looks like I also not have enough eligible purchase points to transfer from Esso Extra to RBC.

I'll try to have that waived by calling them. Worst case, I guess I'll buy some esso gas gift cards...
Caution: Esso Extra gift cards don't count.

I bought Home Depot gift cards for a family member who needed them and that did the trick.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by tng11
Caution: Esso Extra gift cards don't count.

I bought Home Depot gift cards for a family member who needed them and that did the trick.
Thanks.
I think I'll give a call first to ensure eligibility before spending $250 on gift cards!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.