Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page > Converting Aeroplan to AA & BA via RBC Avion

Converting Aeroplan to AA & BA via RBC Avion

Old Oct 24, 14, 11:17 am
alc

Thanks for the info. Just cancel my card and been waiting for some transfer promo to empty my account. I was hoping for AA, but Avois will do the trick as well.
Old Oct 24, 14, 12:09 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by alc View Post
Thanks for the info. Just cancel my card and been waiting for some transfer promo to empty my account. I was hoping for AA, but Avois will do the trick as well.
same here. i have 50000 in referral miles that cost me didly squat to convert over to my BA account... ;-0) and just looking to redeem a flight from YYZ to CLT for 9000 avios r/t in Y... to AP!
Old Oct 24, 14, 11:47 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska MVP, AAdvantage, Etihad Guest, SPG Plat 75
Interestingly enough the RBC Avion Card website has not caught up to the print promotion captured in the photograph.
Old Oct 25, 14, 9:38 am
alc

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73 View Post
Interestingly enough the RBC Avion Card website has not caught up to the print promotion captured in the photograph.
For the little amount of time I had been monitoring the RBC Rewards web site, they seems to only update the web site info on the day when the promotion start.
Old Oct 25, 14, 1:07 pm

That's good news. I'm dying for an RBC Avion AAdvantage transfer Bonus for a one way ticket to Asia.

AAdvantage: 55 K one way in Business with no fuel surcharges versus 75k one way on Aeroplan with fuel surcharges. IF you have a choice, it's almost a no brainer.
Old Oct 25, 14, 1:42 pm

That's good news. I'm dying for an RBC Avion AAdvantage transfer Bonus for a one way ticket to Asia.

AAdvantage: 55 K one way in Business with no fuel surcharges versus 75k one way on Aeroplan with fuel surcharges. IF you have a choice, it's almost a no brainer.
There's an AA promo going on? Did I miss something?
Old Oct 26, 14, 12:04 am

No promotion on as of the date of writing.

AAdvantage has typically offered a 20-30% bonus for RBC Avion Visa points in the fall. It has started Oct 15 for the last 3 years but so far nothing this year. We are hoping for Nov 1.
Old Oct 26, 14, 6:59 am
alc

No promotion on as of the date of writing.

AAdvantage has typically offered a 20-30% bonus for RBC Avion Visa points in the fall. It has started Oct 15 for the last 3 years but so far nothing this year. We are hoping for Nov 1.
now that BA promo will start on Nov 1, I wonder if they will push the AA promo to later the month, i.e. after Westjet promo end on Nov 15th. Otherwise, they will have 3 convert promo running the same time.
Old Oct 26, 14, 11:27 am

I have seen them run concurrent programs in the past (AAdvantage and Avios) at the same time (as opposed to consecutive) - it's been almost a regular feature of the late fall.

I believe the bonus is actually awarded by the bank and not the FFP (per AAdvantage call center representatives). So its entirely up to the financial institution on which programs they want to promote.

Last edited by worldtraveller73; Nov 12, 14 at 7:04 pm
Old Jun 20, 17, 6:07 pm

Conversion from Aeroplan to Esso Extra to RBC(Avion) to AA (and others) will be dead as of August 1, 2017.

Already less appealing due to RBC Rewards exchange rate to AAdvantage dropping from 1.0 to 0.7 recently.

"An important message from the Esso Extra™ program.

Dear <robsaw>,

We want to inform you that the RBC® Esso Visa‡ co-branded credit card program will end, beginning August 1, 2017. The RBC Rewards exchange program will also end effective August 1, 2017. "

Last edited by robsaw; Jun 21, 17 at 10:19 am

Search this Thread