OT: I Noticed something on here

Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

OT: I Noticed something on here

That u guys ( not all of u !) are more interested in air canada's internal and staff issues than it's products, seen threads like how much does a f/a make etc, and chit chatting about unions blah blah blah, guys can't we just talk business here ! who cares about what they make and all, they chose their careers just like many of us chose ours, just leave them at peace ! can we talk miles now plzzz and for those bashing air canada, well guys it's a freaking business ! they are trying to make money and survive just like anyone else ! God bless ya all
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:27 pm

i agree that we should be more focused on customer service delivery and products.

However, with 1 strike..... 2 potential strikes...... government interventions and riff/raffling labour issues poured into the media-sphere.... its hard not to discuss it
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I guess when people spend more time with AC FAs / on airplanes than with their spouse/family, it´s only natural you´ll find a thread about those topics.

Seriously, the strike (and using a broader perspective: FA salaries, working conditions) affect the flight experience, plus I think many FTer actually support AC´s management stand in this case or at least agree with both sides on some issues vs. blindly reproducing some of the "those poor FAs don´t even make minimum wage" crap.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by StarAlliance2005
That u guys ( not all of u !) are more interested in air canada's internal and staff issues than it's products, seen threads like how much does a f/a make etc, and chit chatting about unions blah blah blah, guys can't we just talk business here !
Ummm, getting stuck in the US for an extra day or 2 due to an AC strike affects my business a little more than whether the FA smiled when she offered me a coke zero or whether the moving map worked for a 700 mile flight.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Don't forget the 10's of Sobey's threads - always good reading!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Seems to me talking about how AC's conducts its business in dealing with it's employees who deliver its product is talking about business. Just MHO, of course.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tcook052
Seems to me talking about how AC's conducts its business in dealing with it's employees who deliver its product is talking about business. Just MHO, of course.
I agree 100%.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
It only really happens when there are labour issues, and there happen to be many of them this year.

As long as it's us talking about the issues, and not union and management one-post-wonders strafing the forum with propaganda in their internal spats, I don't see the problem.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
the components that make up the product affect the end product itself
sobey's thread made for a good read, i usually always ignore the sobey's flyer in my flyermail but i guess i can't now, wish i had hundreds of boxes of KD to donate sponsored by Sobey's

OP: what would you outlaw and what exactly would you define as business?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC QR WS*P
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Ummm, getting stuck in the US for an extra day or 2 due to an AC strike affects my business a little more than whether the FA smiled when she offered me a coke zero or whether the moving map worked for a 700 mile flight.
Since one of my recent flights was the day FAs were to take action (the first time), I was eagerly reading all the updates/speculation here, as getting stuck in ICN for a day or two after almost 9 weeks away from home would have seriously affected me (more my sanity than my business).
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:35 pm

If you have an issue regarding miles/travel, please post, otherwise let other people talk about what they wish to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.