FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Consolidated Post Your Sobeys Kraft Dinner Clearances (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1272201-consolidated-post-your-sobeys-kraft-dinner-clearances.html)

DaveTO Oct 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Consolidated Post Your Sobeys Kraft Dinner Clearances

To help us better keep the miles in our pockets, let's post when we clean out a store, so that others know not to go there (without tipping off management)

Saturday afternoon - Cleaned out Dupont/Christie (200 boxes) & Dundas/Winston Churchill (150 boxes)

Sunday evening - Cleaned out the Danforth/Woodbine Sobeys for 330+ boxes

zoobtoob Oct 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Lacking a Sobeys in Vancouver, could somebody enlighten me as to what this deal is?

DaveTO Oct 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Kraft Dinner 1.99 per box with 300 bonus club sobeys points...or 150 AP miles.

YYZC2 Oct 24, 2011 12:11 am

I was not previously a Club Sobeys member but my household goes through a lot of KD so I thought I would give this a whirl. The math makes sense.

I filled out the paper application in-store (Kipling / Queensway) and my points total on the receipt looks good, but my account info is not online yet. Manual fulfillment, I guess.

I also did not choose auto-deposit to Aeroplan yet, as I filled out the application at a check-out and there was someone behind me, so I wanted to be as quick as possible.

Does anyone know if Sobeys/Aeroplan name matches accounts? I am unlikely to become a regular Sobeys shopper (not impressed with their prices on my staples) and my wife's account would benefit from the one-time bump more than mine...

hearna Oct 24, 2011 5:00 am

Originally Posted by zoobtoob (Post 17324616)
Lacking a Sobeys in Vancouver, could somebody enlighten me as to what this deal is?

Trifty Foods & Club Triftys is the same thing. The deal is currently in Ontario and is done by region (highly unlikely it exists there, but check it out anyways ;) )

djjaguar64 Oct 24, 2011 6:30 am

Originally Posted by DaveTO (Post 17324526)
To help us better keep the miles in our pockets, let's post when we clean out a store, so that others know not to go there (without tipping off management)

Saturday afternoon - Cleaned out Dupont/Christie (200 boxes) & Dundas/Winston Churchill (150 boxes)

Sunday evening - Cleaned out the Danforth/Woodbine Sobeys for 330+ boxes

What do the cashiers say or do when you tell them you want 200 boxes of KD?

DaveTO Oct 24, 2011 6:36 am

Usually they ask for a manager who either oks it or says limit of 6.

Tangoer Oct 24, 2011 6:46 am

Kind of an archane thread for a fringe group of KD posters! Why not use main Sobeys points thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...nts-deals.html

tracon Oct 24, 2011 9:09 am

Please don't give this stuff to the food bank.
The financially disadvantaged are unhealthy enough without having to eat this garbage.

DaveTO Oct 24, 2011 9:13 am

While this is off-topic, I have to respond.

Truthfully it is garbage, but I am fortunately in the position where I can make those choices. For a parent with hungry kids, I'd rather give them the ability to feed their family.

One can mix veggies and other nutrients in with KD, but it gives a carbohydrate and dairy base that is otherwise out of the range of most needy families.

margarita girl Oct 24, 2011 9:16 am

Originally Posted by DaveTO (Post 17324526)

I'm kind of hoping they will restock!

Originally Posted by tracon (Post 17326530)
The financially disadvantaged are unhealthy enough without having to eat this garbage.

If it's any consolation, it's the premium stuff (no wonder, at $2/box). I've been trying to buy the whole wheat and veggie flavours, but I have to admit to buying the other kinds after exhausting those supplies.

RCyyz Oct 24, 2011 9:21 am

Originally Posted by tracon (Post 17326530)

I agree with the sentiment, but I've volunteered at a food bank before. The folks who came had an incredibly diverse background. All were obviously disadvantaged, but for very different reasons. All were greatful to be able to receive what they could.

While it would be nice if we could all donate fresh fruit & vegetables, reality is that we don't. And frankly, donating something is far better than donating nothing which is what the majority of society does.

And now, back to collecting points and more points ...

CanadaDH Oct 24, 2011 9:22 am

After buying out the Aurora store on the weekend, the shelves were restocked this morning. I cleaned them out again. Still no limit imposed there.

igloocoder Oct 24, 2011 9:51 am

As many of you have probably figured out, this is an Ontario only deal. The idea of "Super Bonus Points - Items of the Week" doesn't exist in the West, which is the only other region that Sobeys allows for points to be converted to AE miles.

And no, I don't have access to that database to make "mistake deals"....

rehoult Oct 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Just a reminder for everybody donating to the food bank, you should be able to get a tax receipt for the original price paid for the KD from most food banks, which means 50% of it back in cold, hard cash at the end of the year.

For those of you buying by the pallet, it could be substantial.