Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Post Your Sobeys Kraft Dinner Clearances

Consolidated Post Your Sobeys Kraft Dinner Clearances

Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by c_9
Off-topic slightly: consider donating cash to the food bank too. They know what they need, and money lets them solve problems when they occur. I'm a monthly donor to the Daily Bread Food Bank in Toronto, because financial stability (predictable budgets) are very important for any organization.

Also, I don't think I've had KD in a decade. Might be time for another box, just to remind myself of the taste.
Donating cash, you won't get the miles on the KD promo..

I think food bank donations are a consideration here, because what's anyone going to do with a crate or 2 of extra KD?

Yes, time for a box, of that premium stuff.. haven't tried, but a cutoff from the famous basic..
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:25 pm

anyone want to donate some unwanted KD?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
anyone want to donate some unwanted KD?
ght.. you mean for you?

They'll probably want a tax receipt... These are FTers ya know..
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Saw this article on the promotion today

Notice this quote in particular:

The Sentinel-Review contacted the Ontario headquarters for Sobeys in Mississauga.

Sarah Stover, media relation representative, said Sobeys knew customers would make money on the KD and that the promotion was designed as a reward for loyal patrons.

Putting limits on promotional items, she said, is the discretion of individual stores.

"Sometimes stores will put limits on items because they want to give as many people the opportunity to get the deal as possible," she said.

"We're always pleased to hear about customers helping local charities with items they bought at our stores," she added

rest here:

http://woodstocksentinelreview.com/A...aspx?e=3344780
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mapleg
Saw this article on the promotion today

Notice this quote in particular:

The Sentinel-Review contacted the Ontario headquarters for Sobeys in Mississauga.

Sarah Stover, media relation representative, said Sobeys knew customers would make money on the KD and that the promotion was designed as a reward for loyal patrons.

Putting limits on promotional items, she said, is the discretion of individual stores.

"Sometimes stores will put limits on items because they want to give as many people the opportunity to get the deal as possible," she said.

"We're always pleased to hear about customers helping local charities with items they bought at our stores," she added

rest here:

http://woodstocksentinelreview.com/A...aspx?e=3344780
Make money? We're paying premium for the points!

Anyone can go to Costco or RCSS to get a better price on the product..

Mention of "Extreme Couponing"
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Make money? We're paying premium for the points!
Go back and reread the math lesson in post #18. I have well over $1000 of KD in my garage that I haven't paid a penny for and enough accumulated Sobeys points over the last 3 days to deposit 20K AE miles into my account.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Go back and reread the math lesson in post #18. I have over $1000 of KD in my garage that I haven't paid a penny for and enough accumulated Sobeys points over the last 3 days to deposit 20K AE miles into my account.
plan to donate some KD?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Go back and reread the math lesson in post #18. I have well over $1000 of KD in my garage that I haven't paid a penny for and enough accumulated Sobeys points over the last 3 days to deposit 20K AE miles into my account.
Yeah.. but we aren't supposed to tell Sobey's is my point to the woman in the article.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: *G
Well I finally landed 6 boxes - and about to actually eat one for lunch. I was a little perturbed when a store staff member bought 6 just ahead of me.

As for the other so called super bonus on cheese strings, the ad said "28s", which do not seem to exist but the store illustration over the product showed 16s which did not trigger a bonus when purchased (subsequently adjusted and the sign removed).

I have always found major problems with Sobeys bonus products, so this whole episode is no exception.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
In that article, she's doing it for the Sobeys points ! A totally different animal than the FT Aeroplan species
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Any word on when the deal expires? Not back in town until tomorrow night and hoping to clean out the store here in ottawa.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
All Sobeys deals are Friday to Thursday.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
I dropped by a Sobey's on way home. The 6 only limit was signed and enforced.

I happened to see they had some sale on Coke/Pepsi--$1 per 2 litre bottle....and some couple in front of me tried to ring up 3 entire cart loads of pop. The cashier told them 12 is the limit and they argued the point to which the cashier just advised them our flyer says we can limit quantities, so that is that.

(Talking to the cashier a few minutes later she said the store does not want resellers cleaning out the stock, and that obviously when one tries to buy hundreds of bottles of pop, it is for reselling)
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mapleg
I dropped by a Sobey's on way home. The 6 only limit was signed and enforced.

I happened to see they had some sale on Coke/Pepsi--$1 per 2 litre bottle....and some couple in front of me tried to ring up 3 entire cart loads of pop. The cashier told them 12 is the limit and they argued the point to which the cashier just advised them our flyer says we can limit quantities, so that is that.

(Talking to the cashier a few minutes later she said the store does not want resellers cleaning out the stock, and that obviously when one tries to buy hundreds of bottles of pop, it is for reselling)
Sigh..

Sobeys should just stock enough product to satisfy everyone.. and post a limit in the flyer, and clearly on a sign.. if there is a limit

Alot of dissapointed customers..
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Sigh..

Sobeys should just stock enough product to satisfy everyone.. and post a limit in the flyer, and clearly on a sign.. if there is a limit

Alot of dissapointed customers..
The Sobeys in my area has clearly posted signs for the limit on the KD and on the coke; however, I have seen people try to take more and see if the cashier will let them. Their strategy seems to be to argue in the hopes that the cashier will give it to them rather than hold up the people behind in line.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.