Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: *$ Green
514-422-7849
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by gcashin
If you're eligible to use the priority line, it's on your membership card, or you can also view it on your Altitude dashboard.
Do they verify eligibility when you call ?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
What are the priority phone numbers for Elites and SEs ?
The priority phone numbers for elites are dedicated numbers reserved for Air Canada's top-tier customers, not random people who go trolling on FlyerTalk. As gcashin pointed out, if you had access to them, you'd have them already.

Do they verify eligibility when you call ?
Yes.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:47 am
Suspended

Thanks to Google, I found this Aeroplan Priority number and got connected to a live agent within 2 minutes, as opposed to 40+ minutes with the regular number:

**Number edited to avoid "tragedy of the commons" so it stays functional and I can keep using it

Last edited by MasterGeek; Sep 20, 2016 at 8:30 am
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks for posting the number. I phoned Amex and let them know that they may not want that out there in the public domain. In case scammers get hold of it and want to try to take advantage of benefits they haven't paid for.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by adam.smith
Thanks for posting the number. I phoned Amex and let them know that they may not want that out there in the public domain. In case scammers get hold of it and want to try to take advantage of benefits they haven't paid for.
Hopefully, they'll keep the number functional, but just hide it

It's a struggle trying to keep those elite class privileges from the riff raff commons
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
It's a struggle trying to keep those elite class privileges from the riff raff commons
This has nothing to do with some sort of struggle between castes.

Priority services are earned through a clearly defined process which involves the earner spending money in exchange for certain privileges. The more money spent, the more enticing and valuable the privileges.

Not only are you trying to benefit from privileges you have not earned, you appear to relish in using those privileges to the detriment of those who have earned them.

This is an example of stealing what's not yours. Much along the same lines as "well, I know how to get the keys to your car so let me just help myself to them and drive around a little." Not only are you using something that's not yours, you're preventing others from using what's rightfully theirs.

And you seem pretty smug about it, too.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by ffsim

Priority services are earned through a clearly defined process which involves the earner spending money in exchange for certain privileges. The more money spent, the more enticing and valuable the privileges.

Not only are you trying to benefit from privileges you have not earned, you appear to relish in using those privileges to the detriment of those who have earned them.

This is an example of stealing what's not yours. Much along the same lines as "well, I know how to get the keys to your car so let me just help myself to them and drive around a little." Not only are you using something that's not yours, you're preventing others from using what's rightfully theirs.

That's what I was going to say, albeit much less eloquently
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: AC SE
+1!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: Irrelevant

Originally Posted by ffsim

+2 ^
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by jaysona
+2 ^
Back in the days when I had AC status you had to enter your AP number. If you did not qualfty the call was re-routed to the take for ever until they pick up call center.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
The last time I desperately needed Aeroplan call priority I enlisted the aid of a Francophone colleague.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by eigenvector
The last time I desperately needed Aeroplan call priority I enlisted the aid of a Francophone colleague.
So, Are saying that there are Aeroplan call agents that are dedicated to French speaking callers ? I thought that they were all bilingual, and so no dedication was required

When I tried the Aeroplan priority phone number that I found, I was connected to a live agent eventhough I entered my "commoner" Aeroplan account number
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
So, Are saying that there are Aeroplan call agents that are dedicated to French speaking callers ? I thought that they were all bilingual, and so no dedication was required

When I tried the Aeroplan priority phone number that I found, I was connected to a live agent eventhough I entered my "commoner" Aeroplan account number
I don't know if there are dedicated French agents. I just know that at some times, the wait time for service in French can be substantially less. Not always, but worth checking if you speak conversational French.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by eigenvector
I don't know if there are dedicated French agents. I just know that at some times, the wait time for service in French can be substantially less. Not always, but worth checking if you speak conversational French.
Interesting. My experience suggests otherwise. Most of the time I call and ask for a French agent, I will get a non-native speaker with a poor mastery of French. So I often end up dealing with them in English to make it easier on everybody (especially myself, not being a very patient person).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.