Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Kiosk at Montreal Trudeau Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2011, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

A few weeks ago, an announcement that Global Entry kiosks would be available at Trudeau for U.S. passengers with GE cards traveling back to the U.S. The due date was "September 2011." But I haven't read an update that the kiosks have been put in place. Does anyone have any new news?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 2:15 pm

Last checked 9th Sep the GE kisok wasnt there
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:51 am

Came back from Montreal on 10/1. GE kiosk is nowhere to be found (there are three NEXUS kiosks though). I had to waited in line for about 15 mins to go through the regular process.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
There are 2 Global Entry kiosks in YOW. Both of them for US entry. There are also 2 NEXUS kiosks beside them. The last few weeks, I've traveled through there 3 or 4 times. Global Entry is working, Nexus isn't. US Customs officials told me to just use the Global Entry.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Definitely 2 each of GE and Nexus kiosks at YVR.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:25 am

The US authorities confirmed to me that there is currently no GE kiosk at YUL. There is talk of one, but the guy sarcastically told me that it could be a few years.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Noticed one at YYZ too.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: AC*E, SPG Gold
Love GE machine, no blue card to fill,
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Santander
Definitely 2 each of GE and Nexus kiosks at YVR.
Confirmed. Was just there today, and used GE for the first time. Officer last time said that the Nexus kiosks will eventually go away. I kind of liked the eye scan though.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by amarcia
A few weeks ago, an announcement that Global Entry kiosks would be available at Trudeau for U.S. passengers with GE cards traveling back to the U.S. The due date was "September 2011." But I haven't read an update that the kiosks have been put in place. Does anyone have any new news?
I too was at YUL on September 9th (what a coincidence) and had a bit of a line at the Nexus machines, and spoke to the US Homeland Security Guy rebooting a Nexus machine for a couple of minutes.

He said they will not be removing any Nexus machines there, and there had been a work order in place for the past three months to have it installed. The airport is responsible for running power to the spot, and provisioning the data cable. This has yet to be done.

Then their guys from Washington will come out and install the kiosk, and hook it up via a secure connection to the "Network".

Friendly guy... had no problem discussing what the hold up is...
Old May 10, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Anyone know the latest status? The global entry website seems to imply that there is a kiosk at YUL.
Old May 10, 2012, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by c1mth0g
Anyone know the latest status? The global entry website seems to imply that there is a kiosk at YUL.
Yes, there are two of them, IIRC. Just next to the NEXUS machines.

Be aware that there are also two officers handling that line now, with the one to the right being almost completely "out of sight, out of mind". He just sits there and tries to attract the attention of the first person in line, gets frustrated, and then retaliates by asking lots of questions....
Old May 11, 2012, 6:15 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
If you have Nexus, it's a much quicker process compared to GE.

Nexus - approximately 2 questions and the eye scan.

GE - passport scan, and 6 questions over two screens.

Nexus first for me everytime.
Old May 11, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Since March I have used both GE and Nexus machines, no problem. Once you pass the US Customs guy, fifteen feet away is the security guy who double checks the work of Homeland security and all of the security checks prior......that is one stop that can be removed from the process.....
Old May 11, 2012, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Since March I have used both GE and Nexus machines, no problem. Once you pass the US Customs guy, fifteen feet away is the security guy who double checks the work of Homeland security and all of the security checks prior......that is one stop that can be removed from the process.....
As you noticed, they scan your boarding pass at various points in the process:

* when entering the security line (where they also give you a hard time if you don't have your blue customs card filled out because you're using GE)
* at the security check
* prior to entering the duty-free shop

This gives them statistics on how quickly or slowly people move through the system, and can possibly be used to adjust staffing levels, etc.

I am quite certain that US CBP will not have anything to do with providing the airport any statistics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.