Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flight Attendant Strike as early as Sept 21

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Attendant Strike as early as Sept 21

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fin 645
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...9623/comments/

It will be an interesting few days.

My next AC flight is booked for Nov 22!!
It looks like temp FAs are trained and ready to go..

I think AC is well prepared ahead of time to avoid trip interruptions..
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
It looks like temp FAs are trained and ready to go..

I think AC is well prepared ahead of time to avoid trip interruptions..
I look forward to what I will have in J to Tokyo early October. Hope the strike lasts long enough!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tyberius
I look forward to what I will have in J to Tokyo early October. Hope the strike lasts long enough!
Has travel healed up completely to Japan since the earthquake and Tsunami?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:13 pm
Suspended

The Hyatt specials all run out September 30th so I'm guessing it must be better now...

I'm just holding out hope for clueless pretty 20 year old flight attendants scrambling all over J while I sit back and enjoy the show.

A man can dream.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:39 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by hearna
You would be an elite in the Lat fare class... you answered your own question. Eupgrades mean nothing, all fare rules apply to your original fare class. Eupgrades is a privileage not a right!

I can confirm this. Confirmed E-upgrades mean nothing when it comes to IRROPS.

I was confirmed at the 4 day window LIM-YYZ YYZ-YVR. LIM-YYZ then went mechanical for 30 hrs. .

AC did nothing to pro-actively help me out to keep that J seat when it came to my delayed YYZ-YVR connection. I had to fight for it at the gate when I arrived in YYZ with all the masses leaving YYZ on a weekday based on space available / fare class.

Don't worry, we'll all get a 10% promotion code when the strike is settled for all our loyalty.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:44 pm
Suspended

The Hyatt specials all run out September 30th so I'm guessing it must be better now...

I'm just holding out hope for clueless pretty 20 year old flight attendants scrambling all over J while I sit back and enjoy the show.

A man can dream.
Hopefully hot food lands on your tray during the strike.. and AC hires temp FAs according to your requirements.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: AC*E50K, CX Gold, SPG Gold
I'm flying to HKG on Sept 21. Don't know if I should purchase "On My Way"... still have about 16 hours to think about.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:02 pm

Of course i'm heading back from Malaysia and will be flying on Wed/Thurs LAX-YUL will be at home one day before myself and wife & mini me start another mini RTW to Australia. Typical
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Gosh, I hope I don't get stranded in Hawaii. That would be just awful...
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by antirealist
Gosh, I hope I don't get stranded in Hawaii. That would be just awful...
Yeah.. awfully nice..

I wonder if compensation is in order, and to what magnitude if a flight is delayed as a result of the strike?.. very little chance happening, but would be good to know..
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by ailiton
I'm flying to HKG on Sept 21. Don't know if I should purchase "On My Way"... still have about 16 hours to think about.
Think this is only good for NA flights on AC. I'm flying YYC-FRA on Sept. 22 so was checking out "On My Way" insurance, but doesn't look applicable to TATL flights.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm booked on a EWR - YYZ - YVR on Sep 23rd on AC Metal. Think I should rebook on a codeshare now and just wait and see what AC does. I was looking forward to the pod on YYZ YVR
Old Sep 17, 2011, 6:40 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
When will AC tell us what the plan is? I'm supposed to fly out Wednesday night and I won't bother rebooking if there are going to be replacement FAs. But I WILL rebook if my flight won't be flying at all. Also the only day I can rebook is Tuesday evening and it's a 7 hour flight so I doubt FAs will want to board planes when they're supposed to start striking in an hour lol. I don't know how that works though...
Old Sep 17, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: AC QR WS*P
Originally Posted by Ziz
When will AC tell us what the plan is? I'm supposed to fly out Wednesday night and I won't bother rebooking if there are going to be replacement FAs. But I WILL rebook if my flight won't be flying at all. Also the only day I can rebook is Tuesday evening and it's a 7 hour flight so I doubt FAs will want to board planes when they're supposed to start striking in an hour lol. I don't know how that works though...
That would be nice, my ICN-YHZ flights start on the 21st...It's no Hawaii, but Seoul isn't that bad a place to be stuck for a day or two either I suppose...
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
I like to think of this as a possibility that the Air Canada planes will be filled with slender beautiful 20something temps excited with the glamor of international travel.

One can dream.
Love this dreaming tip! I am flying out Sept. 18 to Asia, but my return flight is Oct 1. Hopefully by then the strike is over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.