Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

mid trip, making elite status, lh ticket

Old Aug 19, 11, 9:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC

okay. After what seems like grueling hard work to get a semblance of my old status back after a haitus of 5 years, it looks like I would have achieved elite mid trip (currently in Tanzania).

My flight back is on Kenya airways to london and then Air Canada to YVR. I am wondering if everything posts okay on these first 4! legs, I should get elite status in my account (assuming lufthansa and swiss post with some alacrity). Then I guess I get to request my perks etc.

My question is, if the points post, and I make my e cert requests, what are the possibilities of using them on AC metal, but booked through lufthansa going back (in about 10 days)? Oh, I think the fare class is fairly high since the ticket was booked 18 hours before i left town.

thanks,

Lorna
Old Aug 19, 11, 10:19 pm

cmiiw but for codeshare flights you can only request for upgrade when you check in for the flight

as for booking class, i dont think it really matters unless you're booked in latitude instead of T+, yes?
Old Aug 19, 11, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Assuming these non-AC flights were booked in a class/booking code3 that actually gives you status miles...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: