FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AP Referral bonus? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1249093-ap-referral-bonus.html)

livcheng Aug 18, 2011 11:12 am

AP Referral bonus?

hey everyone, was just wondering if there was any incentives or bonuses for referring a new person to aeroplan. i know there are referral bonuses for lots of other businesses, just not sure about aeroplan. thanks!

DaveTO Aug 18, 2011 11:51 am

If you refer someone to Aeromove, you get a token bonus if they buy/sell a house. Other than that, I don't think there are any...

livcheng Aug 18, 2011 12:56 pm

thanks dave. worth a shot!

Ancien Maestro Aug 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by livcheng (Post 16947555)
hey everyone, was just wondering if there was any incentives or bonuses for referring a new person to aeroplan. i know there are referral bonuses for lots of other businesses, just not sure about aeroplan. thanks!

The Aeroplan program is free to sign up..

I'm not sure that there is an actual referral bonus currently (i.e. points) if you referred someone to the actual AE program..

exbrit Aug 18, 2011 11:53 pm

[QUOTE=Ancien Maestro

I'm not sure that there is an actual referral bonus currently (i.e. points) if you referred someone to the actual AE program..[/QUOTE]

If you have nothing to say, why comment? (Same goes for a lot of A.M's inputs!):td:

Ancien Maestro Aug 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by exbrit (Post 16951606)
If you have nothing to say, why comment? (Same goes for a lot of A.M's inputs!):td:

There were no comments regarding current referral bonuses.. so I'm answering OPs question on topic..

Your comment saying that I have nothing to say when I have something to say is contradictory and doesn't make sense.:td:. especially when I answered on topic..

DaveTO Aug 19, 2011 6:08 am

Originally Posted by exbrit (Post 16951606)

Come on AM, of your almost 8000 posts, 90+% them fall into:

1) Agreeing or disagreeing without putting any new information into your post
2) Offering that the best advice is to call Aeroplan and ask them
3) Offering that the best advice is to call Air Canada and ask them
4) Saying that it really doesn't matter what the rules are because it's up to the individual Gate Agent, Lounge Agent, Check-in Agent, Flight Attendant etc.

All we're asking is that you think before hitting "POST REPLY", ask yourself, "Is it really necessary to offer my 2 cents? Am I adding any value to this post? Have I posted too much in the last xxx minutes?"

Every time I check the board, I see page 1 filled with "lasted posted at X:XX by Ancien Maestro".

DaveTO Aug 19, 2011 6:10 am

By the way, I seem to recall that the survey companies that give Aeroplan miles give you 100 miles or so if you refer a new person.

Not a referral bonus for new AE members, but it is similar.

tcook052 Aug 19, 2011 6:50 am

Originally Posted by DaveTO (Post 16952524)
Come on AM, of your almost 8000 posts, 90+% them fall into:

1) Agreeing or disagreeing without putting any new information into your post
2) Offering that the best advice is to call Aeroplan and ask them
3) Offering that the best advice is to call Air Canada and ask them
4) Saying that it really doesn't matter what the rules are because it's up to the individual Gate Agent, Lounge Agent, Check-in Agent, Flight Attendant etc.

All we're asking is that you think before hitting "POST REPLY", ask yourself, "Is it really necessary to offer my 2 cents? Am I adding any value to this post? Have I posted too much in the last xxx minutes?"

Every time I check the board, I see page 1 filled with "lasted posted at X:XX by Ancien Maestro".

+1000

margarita girl Aug 19, 2011 7:09 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 16952645)
+1000

+7884! (which will surely be 8000 by the end of the week)

Ancien Maestro Aug 19, 2011 8:30 am

Thanks for your guys input.. I'm feeling the love in this place.. and apologize

My posts are on topic and I do contribute as well as learn..

If you read my posts.. 1/2 of my posts are questions which I am inquiring about.. So sorry if I'm getting a beneficial eduction out of all of this.. quite selfish I guess..

In terms of my experience.. I am one of FT's foremost Fairmont experts on the board.. I've handled over 4,000 PMs inquiring about Friends and Family rates which has helped saved alot of $$$ for FTers..

In addition, I'm a long time Aeroplan member 15+ years and counting.. and one of the very few FTers who accumulate AE FF points non-status and living the lifestyle.. I believe this is the way to go.. although it seems enticing to MR for status.. but have not decided to go down that route yet..

In terms of wasting my time.. I operate several companies.. managing a over $40 million commercial property portfolio.. I conduct acquisitions for our family business, and handle all commercial leasing of our tenants including Alberta Motor Association, Starbucks, Subway, 7-Eleven, Mac's, Pizza 73, doctors, lawyers, dentists, vets, denturists.. I can assure you, if there is something better to do, I would no be wasting my time here..

My hobby is points, and my wish is to contribute.. There are TOS rules for the forum which I am following.. I post on topic and answer people's questions.. Will I stop those on FT from asking questions or contributing?.. no.. Will I stop contributing and asking questions?.. probably not..

I would suggest that we veer back to the topic of this thread.. for the benefit of OP..

uwbrother Aug 19, 2011 10:04 am

As a new member, I find AM's posts very helpful. Telling OP's to call aeroplan or AC is helpful.

drdrma Aug 19, 2011 10:59 am

Originally Posted by DaveTO (Post 16952524)

I've considered blocking A.M. but the bulletin board software shows bumped threads from blocked individuals. Normally I block people who are belligerent, in this case, his demeanour is very pleasant, it's just the the signal-to-noise ratio is too low.

Ancien Maestro Aug 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by uwbrother (Post 16953762)
As a new member, I find AM's posts very helpful. Telling OP's to call aeroplan or AC is helpful.

Thanks.. here to help!

I met a couple FTers in person who would be involved with the board more, if there wasn't such negativity.. I encouraged them to stick with it..

There's lots to learn.. and I myself have learned a tonne.. and have benefitted greatly

My mileage accumulation has accelerated.. and we're planning maybe to do our first mini-rtw next summer.. I've all of a sudden replenished my account after redeeming 265,000 AE miles just 3 months ago.

Keep at it.. and what matters is that you will be travelling at great value.. lots of very good information on this board..

Altaflyer Aug 19, 2011 3:53 pm

I support the comments above re: posting too much. If you don't know if there are any referral bonuses then keep quiet on the topic. Saying you don't know adds NOTHING at all. In 11 years I have the same number of posts as you do in a year and a half!!