Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

An Unexpected Aeroplan "Enhancement"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An Unexpected Aeroplan "Enhancement"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PREMIER GOLD, AC*E25K, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Smile An Unexpected Aeroplan "Enhancement"

Booked an Exec class 2 segment reward ticket, but only one segment had business class seats. Noticed a business class seat became available for the other segment, called Aeroplan, and the agent happily "upgraded" me (no charge).

This morning I receive an email from Aeroplan with my new "itinerary" (same flight numbers, same routing, same dates....only change was change of class from economy to business on one segment). They have issued a new e-ticket number, and recalculated my taxes, and are giving me a $4.52 REFUND!

I wish there were more enhancements like this!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by number10blade
Booked an Exec class 2 segment reward ticket, but only one segment had business class seats. Noticed a business class seat became available for the other segment, called Aeroplan, and the agent happily "upgraded" me (no charge).

This morning I receive an email from Aeroplan with my new "itinerary" (same flight numbers, same routing, same dates....only change was change of class from economy to business on one segment). They have issued a new e-ticket number, and recalculated my taxes, and are giving me a $4.52 REFUND!

awesome. enjoy
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by cuto
awesome. enjoy
+1

Can you tell which taxes the $4.52 comes from? Or perhaps is exchange rate?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE

While it's nice to get that $4.52 refund, it'd be even better if they could upgrade you automatically if a seat opened up...
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Glad OP is satisfied with the treatment..

Maybe AC is getting things done a bit better nowadays..
Old Aug 13, 2011, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Glad OP is satisfied with the treatment..

Maybe AC is getting things done a bit better nowadays..
I have received very good treatment from AC consistently and for a long period of time.

I do agree that they seem to have improved even on the very good treatment recently.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by acysb87
I have received very good treatment from AC consistently and for a long period of time.

I do agree that they seem to have improved even on the very good treatment recently.
I was quite impressed from our recent vacation having 2 legs out of 4 on AC.. July 13th to Aug 7th..

I understand there is more fees and taxes paid.. but with our Aeroplat we had executive check-in.. which was helpful because we always have a tonne of luggage and with two kids, anything expedited helps..

Free IFEs, great seat clearance in Y.. I think the seat pitch must have been 35".. it was really roomy.. leather seats.. and on our return flight LAX-YYC, we boarded first with little children.. beautiful..
Old Aug 14, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC Elite
The way I understand how Areoplan points work. When you pay for example 40,000 points for a business class flight & only a portion of that flight is available in business class you would have to pay the full 40,000 however are always able to upgrade if an Aeroplan seat becomes available for the portion that was not in business class- you paid for it in theory ( although from my experience this rarely happens, it does from time to time)

Good for you that you lucked out!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by braysu
The way I understand how Areoplan points work. When you pay for example 40,000 points for a business class flight & only a portion of that flight is available in business class you would have to pay the full 40,000 however are always able to upgrade if an Aeroplan seat becomes available for the portion that was not in business class- you paid for it in theory ( although from my experience this rarely happens, it does from time to time)

Good for you that you lucked out!
I don't book business seats for the reason of availability..

Got a family of 4.. and my 1 year old will need a ticket soon.. I see wide availability if I remain flexible in Y.. this will absolutely be impossible for us to book in J..

Why waste miles, just to get one segment in J?.. go Y.. save the points and go J next time.. or enjoy another Y trip..
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PREMIER GOLD, AC*E25K, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I don't book business seats for the reason of availability..

Got a family of 4.. and my 1 year old will need a ticket soon.. I see wide availability if I remain flexible in Y.. this will absolutely be impossible for us to book in J..

Why waste miles, just to get one segment in J?.. go Y.. save the points and go J next time.. or enjoy another Y trip..
Y was not available for both segments...I would have had to over-nighted in YYZ for a complete Y booking. Visa vi, booked a Y and a J segment.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
+1

Can you tell which taxes the $4.52 comes from? Or perhaps is exchange rate?
Original Ticket Fees

Reissued Ticket Fees
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:03 am
Suspended

Y was not available for both segments...I would have had to over-nighted in YYZ for a complete Y booking. Visa vi, booked a Y and a J segment.
Yeah.. happened to me as well for certain dates to CUN when I was booking..

I noticed that moving the dates around a bit, got me a convenient booking through HOU, without having to deal with cumbersome overnight through YUL.. all in Y..

imo.. not worth the hassle and sleeping disorder for a couple of days..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.