Wiki Posts
Search

AC848 Meal Service in J?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA G
AC848 Meal Service in J?

What's the story with meal service on AC848 in J? EF and AC.com show "Continental Breakfast, Meal". Does this mean that there's a full dinner followed by a full breakfast?

How is the dinner? Is it worth sleeping though? It's only a 7hr flight, so I'd like to maximize sleep if the meal isn't all that noteworthy.

Alternatively, if I want to sleep through either breakfast or dinner, which one would you sleep though?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by unavaca
What's the story with meal service on AC848 in J? EF and AC.com show "Continental Breakfast, Meal". Does this mean that there's a full dinner followed by a full breakfast?

How is the dinner? Is it worth sleeping though? It's only a 7hr flight, so I'd like to maximize sleep if the meal isn't all that noteworthy.

Alternatively, if I want to sleep through either breakfast or dinner, which one would you sleep though?
I usually order the express dinner option (salad, main course, fruit and cheese all served at once) and often also request the appetizer. The only part of the meal youŽll miss is the dessert. This way IŽm usually done with dinner 1h after departure.

I also skip the continental breakfast most of the time which pretty much consists of fruit and freshly baked croissants/pastries with preserves, nothing to get overly ecited about.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
ask to be woken for a juice and coffee just before landing, which should tide you over until you get to the arrivals lounge.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tomvancouver
ask to be woken for a juice and coffee just before landing, which should tide you over until you get to the arrivals lounge.
Sweet, thanks. I have a 1h50m connection at LHR, all in T1. Should I go to the arrival lounge or to one of the airline lounges? Recommendations for best lounge to spend my time in?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by unavaca
Sweet, thanks. I have a 1h50m connection at LHR, all in T1. Should I go to the arrival lounge or to one of the airline lounges? Recommendations for best lounge to spend my time in?
YouŽll be arriving at T3, not T1. I guess you have an intra-European connection leaving from T1? While not impossible, I think 1:50 is a little tight to visit the arrivals lounge, although you could always drop in for 15-20,om-

ThereŽs both a Star Alliance lounge and BD lounge in T1, both are pretty decent, IŽd just choose the one closest to your departure gate.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
YouŽll be arriving at T3, not T1. I guess you have an intra-European connection leaving from T1? While not impossible, I think 1:50 is a little tight to visit the arrivals lounge, although you could always drop in for 15-20,om-

ThereŽs both a Star Alliance lounge and BD lounge in T1, both are pretty decent, IŽd just choose the one closest to your departure gate.
Oops, you're right. I'm connecting to a BD intra-EU flight.

So it sounds like hit up the Arrivals (hopefully for a shower...) and then hit up either T1 lounge and off I go Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.